We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

Which Skiathos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bristol
reviews: 10
UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

here is a transcript of email received today

I QUOTE : live chat between TC branch & TC head office today @ 11.50

Branch:- customer (me) is travelling to the Oasis Skiathos and as this hotel is now on a stop sale the customer is worried that her holiday will be cancelled. Please can you confirm that her holiday is still all confirmed.

Head Office:- thankyou for the details I will check this. As I have checked everything is fine with the booking and the customer will be going to their holiday. If there is any update the customer will receive an update accommodation letter advising of any changes.

Branch:- so their hotel is still all confirmed and will not be changed or cancelled???

Head Office:- yes that is correct.

I cant say I'm convinced, will be still expecting a letter of a change of accommodation

WATCH THIS SPACE

Leicester, United...
reviews: 66
1. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

its no longer on their website for sale ! it is on cosmos Tell them you want it in writing, then see what happens

Manchester
reviews: 18
2. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

Why not contact Mike at Oasis via his website http://www.oasis-skiathos.gr/contact_en.html

He should be able to tell you whether or not he is with Thomas Cook next year.

We have stayed there a couple of times it's a lovely place and Mike is a really nice guy - I'm sure he could help

Julie

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
reviews: 37
3. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

That's a classic, get the branch to send them the TA link ...

Wigan, United...
reviews: 51
4. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

Hi JuliEC1959

It looks as though it has already been confirmed earlier in TA that Mike is no longer using TC in 2014 .

Is the fact that an email has been received not written confirmation. I too would be waiting for a letter of change if I were in that position! If it was me I would request my deposit back in full, try and book the Oasis direct and book just the flights which I understand would have to be with TC from Bristol. I certainly wouldn't wait for that letter arriving saying accommodation not available.

bristol
5. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

I would book separatly but it works out much dearer and as pensioners on a tight budget its beyond my purse. So I've decided to wait & see and as long as we still go to Skiathos I will hope they come up with a good alternative accommodation.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
reviews: 37
6. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

A friend had this problem a few years ago. The alternative accommodation allocated, was on Skopelos. You must have read the other case, get it sorted now. It's your holiday, and it does not exist ...

Cleckheaton, United...
reviews: 18
7. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

Just a thought, I called in at Thomson's to enquire about the Atrium Hotel a couple of months ago. They didn't have it available then but Olympic did. The lady I spoke to told me they could book holidays from any other tour operators, could Thomas Cook be selling Cosmos holidays & not actually mentioning this?

bristol
8. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

Hayley - thanks for the thought not sure about this but its worth me checking

Manchester, United...
reviews: 7
9. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

I spoke to Mike at the Oasis a few days ago re a query on my next years return holiday to the Oasis. He said that next year he will not be with Thomas Cook - will be only with Cosmos (Monarch)! Straight from the horses mouth - so to speak!

bristol
10. Re: UPDATE Oasis/Thomas Cook

yes I know he will be with cosmos but unfortunately that doesn't help me