We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Choice

Which Skiathos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whistler, Canada
reviews: 49
Hotel Choice

we have managed to wiggle our hotel choice donw to 2, hotel costas and mary in skiathos town or plaza hotel at kanapista, i know these are two complete oposite choices but would request any knowledge of the 2 to make our final decision!

1. Re: Hotel Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:30 am, October 05, 2006
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
2. Re: Hotel Choice

Greetings roseoakhil - Although I personally do not know these 2 specific hotels, I have stayed at both Skiathos Town and the other end at Koukounaries and it basically comes down to what YOU are looking for....staying in town is great if you want all the amenities that come along with it and the bus runs from there to all the beaches so you can return whenever and enjoy the town with all it's restaurants, pubs, nightlife, etc....on the other hand, staying by the beach is fabulous (my usual preference as I can't get enough of it!) then you can choose to hang there or go into Town for the nightlife by bus or taxi if it gets too late when there are no more buses.....either way....you will definetely enjoy! You didn't mention when and for how long you are going as I would suggest that if you are really torn between the 2 why not split your time between the 2? OR, just book 1 for your arrival for a few nights and check the other out while there? (this, of course, depends on what time of year you're going !) Summers can get pretty full! Happy planning!

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
3. Re: Hotel Choice

Hi, I haven't stayed at either properties but do know of them. Hotel costas and mary is in the quieter part of town near the tennis club, it looks very well cared for with lovely gardens and flowers. You would be well placed for the town and also for the bus to get to the beaches (so many to choose from) and the boats for day trips or taxi boats to the beach.

Hotel Plaza is in a beautiful setting quite close to Kanapitsa beach but I wonder if you would need to hire a car to get about from here.

Both Hotels get excellent reviews so I think it comes down to by the beach or close to town. Our preference is to stay in town, quite close to costas and mary, but having said that we have never stayed out of town. Its terrible isn't it, being spoiled for choice!!!!

Whistler, Canada
reviews: 49
4. Re: Hotel Choice

i think we will plump with staying in town at the costas and mary, prefer smaller more personal hotels, dont get me wrong i love relaxing on the beach and soacking up the sun but i can get itchy feet after a while and want to explore so think we are better of in the town! Was originally going in september but decided to go somewhere else and change to next june now, been to the greeks islands in june before and its definatly seemed the best time of year to go! just meens i have longer to wait to come to what seems such a beutifull island!

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
5. Re: Hotel Choice

If you like small and friendly hotels then costas and mary is a good choice, it is in a lovely semi rural location away from the hubhub of the town, so you get your quiet times then head into town when you want the action. Less than 10 minutes walk and you will be in the heart of it. The Plaza, although lovely, would be too cut off for me.