We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

Which Skiathos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Marlow, United...
reviews: 7
Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

Can anybody help? We are ariving to Skiathos on 12th September going onto Alonissos. I cannot find any timetable information either for a ferry of hydrofoil. All timetable information seems to end in first week of September. Is there anyone who can point me to the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
11. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

For those people who are interested in the 4th Sporades island Skyros (none ....) from Late June to early September Skyros is accessible by ferry from Skopelos/Alonissos via Kymi on Evia 2 times a week.

http://www.sne.gr/siteen/

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 35
12. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

RH- can you visit Skyros as a day trip or do you need to stay overnight ? Any tips for what to see and do on a short visit ? Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
13. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

Does the ferry from Skopelos/Alonissos stop at Evia enroute to Skyros?! It appears Kimi is a bit out of the way and according to site provided (thanks RH!) can be reached via bus from Athens to Kimi then ferry across! It also shows there are OA flights in Season from both Athens and Salonika:-) Have heard about those horses there! I love horses..haven't made it out there yet!! Enjoyin'!

Wiltshire, England
reviews: 6
14. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

Reading this thread has been helpful. Thanks. I fly in to Skiathos on 24th July, arriving 13.10. Is is easy to get from airport to ferry - can I make the 14.30 ferry? On my return, its a 14.00 flight from Skiathos. The 6.00 ferry from Alonissos should allow plenty of time to get the airport shouldn't it? What about prices - how much for normal ferry and the flying dolphin?

Grateful for your help

Gary

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
15. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

Very true that few meandor out to this gem..barely leaving Skiathos..even for Skopelos! Those that do usually head out on an organized day trip and some do venture on their own but again, for a day only! Personally, I don't mind..hope it stays as is for a long time to come:-)) Enjoy your views there Vegan:) You can often make out the isle in the background on that great Skopelos cam:-) Keep enjoyin' all!

Wexford, Ireland
reviews: 33
16. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

Hi Gary, arriving at the airport just over an hour before the ferry leaves doesn't really give you much time to get to the port because it tends to be madness waiting for a taxi and no-one cares if you have a boat to catch! I'd arrange a private transfer if I were you thus ensuring you'll get to the port in time. Try Albedo travel on Alonissos, they should be able to sort it for you. As far as your return journey goes, you'll have plenty of time.

Ferry and Dolphin prices at that time of year tend to be approx €15 each way on the ferry and €20-25 each way on the Dolphin.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
17. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

Wondering what I was answering to..didn't bother 'flippin' the page..lol! Oh well! ..and definetely what Vegan said:-) ENjoyin'!

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 35
18. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

Re return journey - yes the 0600 ferry will get you to Skiathos about 0800 which means quite a bit of time to kill! - Most people leave their cases at a cafe - and wander around the town - if anyone has a better idea I am sure many people would like to hear it- sometimes the flights are late afternoon and if you have a family with you it must be hard work.

You might make that ferry if you are lucky - one year we got our bags quickly, got a taxi straight away and the ferry was just arriving on the horizon as we reached the port (which is 5 mins away from the airport)! Another year our bags were last off......!

There are worse places to kill time knowing you are heading for a great holiday destination.

Wexford, Ireland
reviews: 33
19. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

When we used to visit Skopelos and had to leave on the early morning ferry to Skiathos, we would book a day room at one of the hotels on the front, take our bags there, have a wash and change and let our daughter have a sleep. Don't understand why more people don't do it.

20. Re: Timetable of ferries to Alonissos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 19, 2009