We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiathos or Thassos

Which Skiathos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 19
Skiathos or Thassos

Skiathos Town or Thassos Town that is the question???

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two.

Which is more traditional but also not too quiet.

Which is prettier, and is there any other special traits.

We will be going august so does either have a nice breeze.

Any info appreciated as really cant decide between the two, thassos is approx £200 cheaper though in total.

It is between Laios hotel in Thassos or Princess House or oasis studios in Skiathos Town

Thanks

Copenhagen, Denmark
reviews: 2
1. Re: Skiathos or Thassos

We were on both island last year. Skiathos in may and Thassos in august.

Thasos town is not as charming as Skiathos. Skiathos Town beats Thassos severel times. It has more entertainment and restaurants. Better shopping etc.

THe beach in Thassos Town is not good. But there are severel good beaches on the island.

If you are going to Thassos I would highly sugest that you stay in a smaller resort. It could be Potamia - wich have a nice beach. And good restaurants. Expect lots of greeks in august, they are having holidays too.

So if nightlife, good restaurants is importent for you - go for Skiathos. The beaches are good on both Skiathos as on Thasos.

Kind regards Jørgen

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Skiathos or Thassos

Thanks for reply, we have decided on skiathos & have now booked (hurrah) go aug for 14 nights to skiathos town stay in princess house. Cant wait !!!!

london
reviews: 7
3. Re: Skiathos or Thassos

Have been to thassos on a number of ocassions and have to say that this would be the choice for me, hire a car and travel around the island. There are plenty of beaches which are easy to get to, The Town in Thassos is not so busy as to be a problem. Have never had a problem in the evening with finding a place to eat, there are plenty to choose from.

Cannot help with the hotel you have suggested, but for me it would be Thassos everytime.

4. Re: Skiathos or Thassos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 20, 2009