We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in skiathos??

Which Skiathos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North East
reviews: 2
where to stay in skiathos??

Hi can any one suggest from the following 3 places which would be the best to stay

Theodora studios Kolios

Elizabethe Studios AG Paraskevi

Fila Studios Troulos

Hoping to go in 2 weeks and cant decide between them

reviews: 5
1. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

We have stayed at the Elizabeth studios about 8 years ago. The only disadvantage of staying there is that it is a long walk, especially for very young children or children in buggies, from the apartments to the main road. However, the studio apartments were clean and basic, the pool side bar friendly and a good place to meet others. Our family thought that AG Paraskevi was superior to both the other resorts. The beach is wonderful and being in the middle of the Island makes it ideal to get to either Koukounaries or Skiathos Town.

Gateshead...
reviews: 16
2. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

We stayed in Troulos it was lovely a few taverna and bars not noisy at all we did not stay at the studios you have on your list for Troulos.

We stayed at the Green Meadows it on the flat no climbing upthe hills like a lot of the appartments are and just a little walk to the beach what i like about Skiathos if you get bored just go down to the harbour in Skiathos town and hop on a hydrofoil and go and see the other island which are nearby like Skopelos and Alonissos breathtaking to see.

U.K
reviews: 1
3. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

We have recentlystayed at Kolios in May and it was a great location with some lovely beaches nearby. I dont however know the appts you mention.

North East
4. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

Hi Budd, Lesleywood and Rhombus, thank you so much for your responses they are really helpful, sounds like Skiathos is a good place to visit. Do any of you have any suggestions of what the best things to do/see while we are there???

cheers molly

Gateshead...
reviews: 16
5. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

We hired a car but really you can get about on the local bus just as good mind all we done was sunbathe and island hopping Troulos has a lovely beach i loved it there.

6. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:32 am, June 21, 2005
Portchester
7. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

I would recommend the Theodora Studios Kolios. We went with First Choice. We had 2 weeks returning Friday 19th August 2005. Dont worry about the hill on the walk up to the apartments. The Theodora is in a quiet location with very caring staff. The apartments are very clean but basic (as all Greek accommodation). Don't bother with a car just walk down to the main road where there is a bus stop to take you anywhere for 1 Euro. See how to cram 300 people onto 50 seater bus!!!!

The Theodora has a good pool bar which also serves good bar food. Overall its a great base and we will be returning again.

Brighton, United...
8. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

hi molly

ag parskevi is a nice resort lovely beach and a few good tavernas . we stayed there 2 years ago at the ariadni appartments (first choice) , kolios is a lovely area about 10 min walk from ag.paraskevi and i would recommend the villa pappas appts ( olympic) basic but the owners make up for that, not so many tavernas tho ! but ( infinity blue) is a must fantastic food and a lovely view of kolios bay , we just returned from there last week, i also love troulos great beach , i think any of the resorts you have picked would be great as skiathos is such a friendly island and i have heard good reports on all your chosen accomodation , wherever you choose to stay you wont be dissapointed , enjoy your holiday

phebs x

Athens
9. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

At this period of the year, I would definetely suggest you to go and live close to the beach of Megali Ammos which is close to the city.

As the island is not so crowded now, the Megali Ammos beach is the best choice as you can find supermarkets, tavernas and is only a walking distance from the town.

I prefer to stay in Eye Q Resort which is close to the beach and has a great view! I could see the whole beach and town and Aegean sea from my room!

reviews: 5
10. Re: where to stay in skiathos??

Dear Mooly

Been back a week from Koukounaries where we had a great holiday, but it was alot more expensive that other Islands we have visited. However the bargain of the holiday was the Marine Boat Trip.....30Euro's/Adult, children 15 Euro. Picked up at 9.00am and the boat dropped us off in Skiathos town at 8.20pm. (pay 2.5 Euro/person to cover the transfer to Skiathos town harbour). Went to Skoppelos and Alonnisos and saw the Dolphins..great fun. Highly recommended, the only bargain of the entire holiday.