We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer options Hydra - Nafplio

Which Hydra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 26
Transfer options Hydra - Nafplio

We’ve been planning a driving holiday in Peloponnese + Hydra for a while… finally got the tickets and we’ll be fly to Athens in Sept. We would also like to visit Hydra first (~2 or 3N) and then rent a car to drive in Peloponnese with overnight bases in: Nafplio (3N), Monemvasia (1N), Kardamyli/Mani (3N). We plan to drop the car at Athens airport at the end, before taking our flight back.

We would like to make the Hydra-Peloponnese transfer as easy/smooth as possible (e.g. minimize waiting times) and are trying to decide/understand:

1. whether best to: (i) transfer from Hydra to Nafplio and rent a car in Nafplio, or (ii) transfer from Hydra to Pireaus, rent a car at Pireaus/Athens airport

2. whether departing Hydra on a Friday (which gives us 2N/1D in Hydra) vs. on a Saturday (gives us 3N/2D in Hydra) makes a difference for our transfer choices to Nafplio.

Transfer Hydra-Nafplio: I understand from TA the options are:

1) morning Flying cat from Hydra to Poros + bus from Galatas to Nafplio.

Q: Does this bus run on Saturdays? Does it connect with the boat arrivals? (I only found Mon-Fri bus schedules)

2) morning (?) Flying cat from Hydra to Port Heli + bus(?) from Port Heli to Nafplio.

Q: Is there a bus on Saturdays connecting with the boat arrivals?

Q: If there are NO buses on Saturdays, ~how much would a Taxi cost (i) from Galatas to Nafplio and (ii) from Port Heli to Nafplio?

3) morning Flying cat Hydra-Pireaus, rent a car in Piraeus(?), drive to Nafplio

Q: Is there major rental car companies near the port?

4) Is there also a boat between Hydra an Tolo?

Thanks in advance for any advice

1. Re: Transfer options Hydra - Nafplio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, July 06, 2014