We’ve been planning a driving holiday in Peloponnese + Hydra for a while… finally got the tickets and we’ll be fly to Athens in Sept. We would also like to visit Hydra first (~2 or 3N) and then rent a car to drive in Peloponnese with overnight bases in: Nafplio (3N), Monemvasia (1N), Kardamyli/Mani (3N). We plan to drop the car at Athens airport at the end, before taking our flight back.
We would like to make the Hydra-Peloponnese transfer as easy/smooth as possible (e.g. minimize waiting times) and are trying to decide/understand:
1. whether best to: (i) transfer from Hydra to Nafplio and rent a car in Nafplio, or (ii) transfer from Hydra to Pireaus, rent a car at Pireaus/Athens airport
2. whether departing Hydra on a Friday (which gives us 2N/1D in Hydra) vs. on a Saturday (gives us 3N/2D in Hydra) makes a difference for our transfer choices to Nafplio.
Transfer Hydra-Nafplio: I understand from TA the options are:
1) morning Flying cat from Hydra to Poros + bus from Galatas to Nafplio.
Q: Does this bus run on Saturdays? Does it connect with the boat arrivals? (I only found Mon-Fri bus schedules)
2) morning (?) Flying cat from Hydra to Port Heli + bus(?) from Port Heli to Nafplio.
Q: Is there a bus on Saturdays connecting with the boat arrivals?
Q: If there are NO buses on Saturdays, ~how much would a Taxi cost (i) from Galatas to Nafplio and (ii) from Port Heli to Nafplio?
3) morning Flying cat Hydra-Pireaus, rent a car in Piraeus(?), drive to Nafplio
Q: Is there major rental car companies near the port?
4) Is there also a boat between Hydra an Tolo?
Thanks in advance for any advice