We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Dolphin/Hydrofoil/Catamaran

Which Hydra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Flying Dolphin/Hydrofoil/Catamaran

I'm heading to Hydra next Tuesday and was wondering if there were any other Hydrofoil companies that offer service to Hydra other than Hellenic Seaways. We arrive in Athens at 10:25am and the only ferry we will be able to make is not until 17:00.

Can anyone tell me if any other service is available? If not, is there anything to see/do in Pireas? Thanks

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
1. Re: Flying Dolphin/Hydrofoil/Catamaran

Try www.euroseas.com. The Eurofast catamaran has regular daily service to Hydra, Spetses, and Porto Heli.

Philadelphia
reviews: 3
2. Re: Flying Dolphin/Hydrofoil/Catamaran

I just looked on www.openseas.gr AND on gtp.gr, and there is a flying dolphin xxix at 12, a F-d XV at 1400, a F-D XVIII at 14:15. THEN comes the gap until 1700.

Atlanta
3. Re: Flying Dolphin/Hydrofoil/Catamaran

Those times are incorrect on the website. I was booked on the 2:15 ferry but it was cancelled, per an email I recieved from Hellenic Seaways. I asked them to remove from the website if it was cancelled, but never heard anything. I'll check inrto the Euroseas catamaran.

Thanks for your help!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 1
4. Re: Flying Dolphin/Hydrofoil/Catamaran

If you still can't find a cat/hydro before 5pm there are a few museums in Piraeus worth looking into. Both the Archaeological Museum of Piraeus and the Hellenic Maritime Museum of Piraeus are within walking distance of the Saronic Gulf cat/hydro/ferry Terminal. Also, Mikrolimano is just a bit further over Kastella hill, you'll find plenty of wonderful fish tavernas right along the harbor if you're looking for lunch. I believe Trolley bus 020 runs directly past Mikrolimano if you are not wanting to walk from the port.

Atlanta
5. Re: Flying Dolphin/Hydrofoil/Catamaran

Great! I think we'll eat a long lunch and then vist both the museums. I appreciate your help -

6. Re: Flying Dolphin/Hydrofoil/Catamaran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, September 29, 2009