We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another ferry question

Which Hydra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 6
another ferry question

We are visiting Greece in May. We are planning on doing a tour with a private driver of the Peloponnese peninsula leaving Athens in the morning and visiting Corinth, Mycenae, Nafplio and Epidaurus. We would then like to take a ferry from either Porto Heli or Ermioni to Hydra. I would like to know if this would be feasible in one day. I have also read that there are private water taxis leaving from somewhere on the Peloponnese peninsula and going to Hydra. Anyone know anything about this? I just thought this scenario might give us a bit more freedom as far as time goes.

We could also do this tour in the reverse if it would be better - so go to Hydra from Athens, spend a couple of nights, then ferry to Hermioni or Porto Heli and have our driver pick us up and do the tour from there. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks for helping.

ck

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 17
1. Re: another ferry question

Are you planning to do everything in one day and then return to Athens that night? I don't think it's advisable or maybe even feasible. I personally would spread it out over several days.

2. Re: another ferry question

No, we would not return to athens but take a ferry or water taxi to Hydra from the Pelopponese peninsula ie from Porto Heli or Ermioni. Unfortunately, I think we only have 1 day for this. Many drivers offer one day tours with this itinerary but with a return to Athens at then end of the day.

Bothell, Washington
3. Re: another ferry question

I would also be interested in knowing the best way to get to Hydra from Athens or Peloponnese peninsula. What other islands close to Greece would be worth visiting?

4. Re: another ferry question

Ferries leave daily from Piraeus to Hydra and vise versa - several per day in fact. You can get from Athens to Piraeus by Metro (the green line). Fast ferrys take about 1 1/2 hours and the slower ferry takes about 3 hours. You can also take a ferry from Hermioni or Porto Heli on the Peloponnese peninsula that goes to Hydra. Look at the following websites for ferry schedules www.greekferries.gr and www.hsw.gr. The local experts may have more information. Anyway, hope this helps.

cak

5. Re: another ferry question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 22, 2009