We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Aegina hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 5
Where to stay?

I'm planning to spend 3 (non-weekend) nights on Aegina in late September. I like characterful little island towns - and I'm not coming for the beaches - so my sense is that I'll be happiest staying in (or within easy walking distance of) Aegina itself. But I've yet to find many really appealing hotels there. The Brown location seems good, but the bungalow rooms out back look a bit grim and I find it hard to tell if the whole place may not have seen better days - plus there's not much point being in a waterfront hotel if you can't be sure of a view (or if the harbour-view rooms risk being very noisy, too hot or a bit run-down). The Aeginitiko Archontiko certainly looks interesting, but it's hard to tell that much from the website so I'd really appreciate any first-hand opinions - and, again, there's no view. The modern Rastoni, just out of town, certainly seems a possibility - the views look great - but I find it hard to judge how far I'll be having to walk into/out of town in the evenings, and again I'd welcome advice from someone who has recently stayed there. Or, indeed, any other ideas - or should I be focusing on Perdika instead, anyway?

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 130
1. Re: Where to stay?

Stay in Aegina town - not in perdika

as from the town you can explore several other places

Kelvedon, United...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Where to stay?

I agree - you're best sticking to Aegina Town. Perdika is lovely to stop by for lunch, but it is extremely quiet.

Greece
reviews: 2
3. Re: Where to stay?

Try the town of Marathonas. 4kilometers 7 min car ride-motorscooter ride away from the twon of Aegina.

manchester
4. Re: Where to stay?

HI THERE

if you still need help with your hotel i can recommend the danae in aegina town,it's also just been renovated.

my family live on the island and my aunt works for the family that own the hotel so if you want me to get rates or info for you let me know

dx

5. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 31, 2009