We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

Which Lesbos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
reviews: 1
Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

Hi,

My flight arrives at 15:40 on a Wednesday in Mytilene. Are there regularly scheduled buses from the airport to Molivos? How long is the bus ride to Molivos for the airport?

Thanks.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
1. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

We had arranged a pick up a number of years ago that (at that time), took a couple of hours but have heard recently that the road(s) have been 'upgraded' and can now take maybe an hour!? Not sure on that but would try contacting www.nirvanatravel.gr / Rebecca there knows the isle inside/out and am sure she'll be able to answer all your questions..including bus schedules to Molyvos:) Great isle..have fun..you'll Enjoy!

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
2. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

If you are not renting a car then you can take a taxi to Mytilini, and then a bus at 18:45 to Molyvos from the bus station which is opposite side of the harbour from the ferry quay. You could take a taxi all the way about 50 Euro.

I would take the opportunity whilst waiting in Mytilini to call in on the ferry agents on the harbour and ascertain the ferry times to Samos, in timetables the ports are listed i.e. Vathy or Karlovassi. There are a couple of ATMs nearby as well.

Lesbos bus schedules here:

http://www.mytilini.gr/ktel.asp

Florida
3. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

This is Great!

Thank you both and especially thank you to Retired Hippy for helping me sort through my island hopping schedule.

4. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, April 05, 2008
5. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:27 am, June 27, 2008
Wakefield
6. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

I can vouch for the last post - used Cabby610 when we visited Lesbos last year - he was also very entertaining and had us in stiches the whole journey!!

Darwen
7. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

Hi, only just seen your request, hope I’m not too late in replying. I am also making my own way to Petra (Next door to Molyvos) in September, as I did last year.

Firstly, if there isn’t a local bus in sight, get a taxi from the airport to Mytiline bus station. Secondly, as soon as you arrive buy your ticket from the office as this will give you a reserved seat number for whichever bus time you choose, which no one else can take. The bus station is quite near the harbour and worth a visit if you have time to kill. There are plenty of tavernas around the harbour for a quiet drink or snack.

The journey to Petra is now about 80 minutes – last year cost only five and a half Euros. The bus journey is very pleasant and doesn’t take much longer than a taxi because there are very few bus stops along the route.

Yes you can get a taxi all the way. Also what I did last year was to go down to Mytiline the day before our departure and spend the taxi money on a hotel room (booked on spec) then spend the day and night there, with a taxi back to the airport. Made a great change to the end of the holiday.

Whichever mode you choose – enjoy. D

8. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

Removed on: 10:27 am, June 27, 2008
uk
reviews: 2
9. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

i agree lesvos is on my special list, i caught a taxi from the airport to annaxos which is close to molivos, it was 50 euros and the taxi driver gave me plenty of info on where to see etc, went back on the coach its a good 2 hours but lesvos is very worth it.

Darwen
10. Re: Lesvos airport transfer to Molivos?

Some people actually enjoy island hopping or travelling independently whilst soaking up the Greek atmosphere. Life is not all about rushing around from town to town. Obviously taxi drivers will not like the idea of people travelling by public transport as their interest is ultimately business orientated. I say ‘live and let live’ and allow everyone to make their own informed choice whether it be an all-taxi journey, a mix of bus and taxi or simply bus. Many people use coach transport provided by their tour company which makes the journey longer due to the many ‘pick-ups’ involved. The new road network really has cut the journey time down.

However, my intention was to answer the original post which is,

“Are there regularly scheduled buses from the airport to Molivos? How long is the bus ride to Molivos for the airport?”

Not get into personal jibes and issues of ‘self promotion of business’. Not everybody has a bottomless pot of cash.

Kind regards, D

Get answers to your questions about Lesbos