We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Thessalloniki and Halkidiki for 8 days in July

Which Thessaloniki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CYPRUS
reviews: 71
Visiting Thessalloniki and Halkidiki for 8 days in July

I will be going to Thessalloniki for and Halkidiki for 8 days with a rented car) with my wife and baby 17 months (

I am thinking to spend 2-3 days in Thessalloniki and the rest in the first leg of Halkidiki.

1)Is it a good idea to stay near Thessalloniki (10-15 Km away) because i want to stay in a good hotel with pool and play area for the kid???

2)Is it nice to stay in the first leg Kallithea in Halkidiki or would you suggest so go to the second leg which is much further

Thessaloniki, Greece
reviews: 1
1. Re: Visiting Thessalloniki and Halkidiki for 8 days in July

Hi,

i would suggest Sithonia, especially Vourvourou, cause it has great beach and it is not so crowded like Kassandra.

About Thessaloniki, it is a very good idea to stay nearby and not in the centre, perhaps near Thermaikos area. Santa hotel, in Neoi Epivates, is a very good option.

CYPRUS
2. Re: Visiting Thessalloniki and Halkidiki for 8 days in July

Thank you for your reply.

How about Ambassador Hotel ???I saw it in the internet and i liked it very much especially the swimming pool and it has very good price

Shall i boook the hotels from now or wait a bit further down???

Also ,can you tell me if i should stay 2 or 3 nights at Salonika????

Regards from Cyprus

Edited: 4:36 pm, May 14, 2013
Thessaloniki, Greece
reviews: 1
3. Re: Visiting Thessalloniki and Halkidiki for 8 days in July

Hello again,

the Ambassador hotel is nice, but not close to the sea, it has great view, but you'll need 10 min by car to reach the sea, of course you know better what you prefer.

i think it should be better to book the hotels now, but if you wait, i don't think that you won't find available rooms later ;)

In Halkidiki, there are plenty of hotels, and even more rooms to stay in villas/apartments from individual owners, that are really nice and in a very good price.

3 days in Thessaloniki are enough to explore the city, but they are never enough to get full of it (like the Greek people say)

Cheers!!!

CYPRUS
4. Re: Visiting Thessalloniki and Halkidiki for 8 days in July

Thank you very much with your advice i look forward visiting Thessaloniki and Halkidiki

Thessaloniki, Greece
Destination Expert
for Thessaloniki
5. Re: Visiting Thessalloniki and Halkidiki for 8 days in July

If you can afford it you can also check Hotel Nikopolis,about 10km from the centre with nice pool!There are many buses from there also to take you straight to the centre..

Grigoris

6. Re: Visiting Thessalloniki and Halkidiki for 8 days in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 21, 2014