We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thessaloniki airport to volos/pelion by car help please

Which Thessaloniki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
suffolk
thessaloniki airport to volos/pelion by car help please

hi there, we are arriving in the early evening at SKG and will be driving towards volos. did this once before but got a bit lost not knowing which was the ring road and which direction to go in ( i am a bit dyslexic ) any hints on getting out on the right road ? once on the right road i found the rest of the way easy .

we are staying at damouchari and absolutely love pelion. this will be quite a drive and dark so is there anywhere nice to stay along the way.

many thanks in advance and best wishes !

marcus.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
1. Re: thessaloniki airport to volos/pelion by car help please

Hey and welcome Marcus:-) Are you picking up the car rental at the airport?! Can't help with the road from the airport to Thessaloniki.. as you know, the run from Thessaloniki down to Volos is pretty much a straight run! If you don't have the rental, consider just heading into Thessaloniki for the night and getting a fresh start out in the morning?! If you will be picking up the car, there are numerous places enroute for a stop/overnight.. consider the area around Platanos?! You'll be passing it enroute once you make it out of Thessaloniki;-) Am sure others will kick in with more detailed info for you! I'm usually a passenger since I don't drive;-)

Pelion is gorgeous.. haven't been to Damouchari but it caught my eye since the move 'Mama Mia' where a good portion was filmed there;-) Happy planning.. and EnjOY!

suffolk
2. Re: thessaloniki airport to volos/pelion by car help please

hiya, thanks for your quick reply ! we are picking up the car from the airport as we got a special offer and want to make a start asap. last visit we stayed at sofolkles hideaway which was soooo much fun. i like flying to volos but can cost so much more unless there are some deals to be had.

Thessaloniki, Greece
reviews: 4
3. Re: thessaloniki airport to volos/pelion by car help please

Here is your route:

http://goo.gl/maps/N7cNQ

Care should be taken at point B. you stick to the right side lane, which will lead you to the ring road (going straight will lead inside the city.)

Also at point C, stick to the right side of the highway, untill you reach (D) highway A1 (to Katerini and Athens). However if you just happen to pass it by going in the center-left lane it will lead you to the new ringrod, which is not that much bad as it will ultimately lead you also to the same highway A1

Thessaloniki, Greece
4. Re: thessaloniki airport to volos/pelion by car help please

Make a printout of triper2007's map to have handy - however, it's quite a straightforward ride. In case you get lost, try following the signs towards Katerini or Athens and you'll eventually get at the national highway towards Athens, Larissa and Volos (E75).

Regards,

http://www.thessalonikiinfoguide.com

Stockton. England
reviews: 2
5. Re: thessaloniki airport to volos/pelion by car help please

Hi Karmakanix.

How did your journey go please as I'm also making the trip from Thessaloniki-Damouchari in August 2013 due to much cheaper flights than Volos.

Who was your car rental through please and how much fuel / tolls and time did it cost please?

Thanks

Jerry

6. Re: thessaloniki airport to volos/pelion by car help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 20, 2013