We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Thessaloniki airport to city on Sunday

Which Thessaloniki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Bus from Thessaloniki airport to city on Sunday

I arrive in Thessaloniki around 8pm on Sunday night and noticed that bus 78 doesn't run on Sundays. I was going to catch 78 bus and then connect to another bus to get to Stavroupoli. Is taxi best way to get to Stavroupoli?

Are taxi's fairly honest or do I have to negotiate fare before getting into the car?

Thessaloniki, Greece
reviews: 1
1. Re: Bus from Thessaloniki airport to city on Sunday

Of course there is bus no78 on Sundays, every 30 min. In the night (i think after 22.00 there is 78N bus (not any big difference on the route though).

oasth.gr/routes/route_eng.php…

If you insist taking a taxi, it would cost you around 15-20 euros. Better to speak with the taxi driver before getting inside, just ask him how much the cost would be aproximately (usually taxi drivers here are ok, but just in case!)

Melbourne, Australia
2. Re: Bus from Thessaloniki airport to city on Sunday

I had assumed Sunday-Off meant that they didn't run on Sundays but I can now see the schedule from your link.

Thanks for your help.

Thessaloniki, Greece
reviews: 1
3. Re: Bus from Thessaloniki airport to city on Sunday

hehe, off is for national holidays or 1st May ;)

Thessaloniki, Greece
4. Re: Bus from Thessaloniki airport to city on Sunday

As for the taxi price it's more likely to be around 25-30 euros depending on traffic and luggage.

5. Re: Bus from Thessaloniki airport to city on Sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:40 am, June 22, 2013