We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

Which Zakynthos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Middlesbrough...
reviews: 3
Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

Hi, it says on my phone that today there are thunderstorms is this correct? don't know whether to believe these sites or not! they're making me worry, says rain for the entire week after Friday when we arrive! i know we can't do anything about it but nice to get accurate info from somebody actually there! thanks

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Argassi, Zakynthos
reviews: 32
1. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

Don't worry about the forecasts, they're never accurate.

If it rains you can't do much about it but it usually only rains for a short time then quickly dries up but may remain overcast.

We came back last Friday after 2 great weeks, it was really hot & sunny most of the time. It rained for a short period on 2 days. On 1 of them I was snorkelling in the sea & just stayed there, it quickly passed. Whatever its doing now it can be the same or very different when you arrive so don't stress.

Have a look at the numerous other threads about the weather if you want reassurance.

Edited: 6:41 am, October 01, 2013
Newcastle upon tyne
reviews: 31
2. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

Hi I am going on Thursday from Newcastle and also looked at the forecast. I think it may be just short bursts of rain hopefully though I would like to have wall to wall sunshine! Are you in Argassi? Whatever happens you can't change the weather just have to find other things to do than sunbathing. I will be doing the excursions on the days it may rain and going to Zante town for meal etc. Enjoy your hol and try not to think too much about what the weather may be - look on the bright side its better than sitting at work and looking at the weather hear!

Middlesbrough...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

hi, no we are in Alykanas. I am too a sun worshipper, so rain on hol fills me with dread! fingers crossed they've got it wrong! enjoy your hol!

Newcastle upon tyne
4. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

Enjoy yours too. Just lets all get the prayer mats out and hope for sunshine

Swanwick, United...
reviews: 25
5. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

We leave on Thursday from Gatwick. We are just staying a week, so hoping it is not a total washout. I have packed an umbrella and a pashmina. Should I start unpacking my shorts and start packing jeans?

This is our second time to Zante. Loved it so much last year and was unable to find anything anywhere of a similar nature and the same value for money(we are staying in a villa), so just decided to return.

Happy dry holidays, everyoine!

T23

Newcastle upon tyne
6. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

I'm thinking about my wellies the way things look but you have to laugh and hope its not too bad. Enjoy

Swanwick, United...
reviews: 25
7. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

Chriswhit56, my husband said just what you said, that we can't change the weather, so stop worrying about it. It is bound to be nicer than here!

Newcastle upon tyne
8. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

Course it is - at the end of the day its a break away Have a great time :)

Gloucester, UK
reviews: 11
9. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

Came back last Thursday - like you I fret about the forecasts. We were led to expect rain most of the weekend we were there - we had an hour on the Friday!! Oh, and about 3 drops which accompanied the most amazing static show on the Sunday evening...

Have a great time, and just make sure you're within dashing distance of a good bar if you see those clouds bearing down on you ;-)

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
reviews: 6
10. Re: Weather in Zante? anyone there at the mo?

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but we have had heavy rain, thunder and lightning here at some point over past 2 days but also sunny and hot in between.