We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

Which Zakynthos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
reviews: 6
Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

Hello Tripadvisor members as with every season i set up this topic for people to ask for any info they need while i'm on the island when i arrive mid April.

Maybe you want me to go and check on a hotel/apartment you've booked or are thinking of booking, you may want me to see if your favourite restaurant on the island is open this season, Find out the prices of cars from the hire shops in the resort your staying or any other stuff that can be found out while i'm there from April till October. No matter what resort it is i give up a little of my time each day to go and find the answers you want, thats if i can LOL.

Don't forget for everyday questions about the island there is also Kaz, Lyndylou and Iluvzante who are more than happy to help, this topic is for anything you want me to take a look at while i'm on the island.

Happy holidays.

1. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:22 pm, June 09, 2010
Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
2. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

I will check them out when i arrive there in April. I keep a list of all accomodations i have been asked to look at. There are so many apartments and villas scattered around Vasilikos and i have not been to these, sorry.

I found all the restaurants on Zakynthos including Vasilikos are accomodating of children.

I've eaten in Windmill, Kostas Brothers and Galinis restaurant over the past 3 seasons and enjoyed all of them with great food. They're not side by side along a main road so you will have to travel a short distance to get to them but well worth it also your close to St. nicolas, Plaka and Gerakas beach which are all lovely.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
reviews: 131
3. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

there is a really nice taverna at Plaka beach, not eaten there at night as we are in a different resort but lunch there quite a bit and its always been spot on.

newcastle
reviews: 2
4. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

Thanks very much for the info - really appreciate it

lincolnshire
reviews: 2
5. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

we are thinking of booking a holiday to zante we are taking our grandson for the first time can you name any hotels or apartments near to the beach at alykes as we have heard it has a nice shallow beach suitabe for young children. the one we have found is Angeliki studios but there seems to be mixed reviews of how close to the beach it is. many thanks

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
6. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

The Ionian Star hotel is the closest hotel to the beach and it is in the centre of the resort.

http://www.ionian-star.gr/en_index.php

And here is a site just for Alykes which lists its hotels/apt.

http://www.alykes.com/hotels/zakynthos/all/en

Dublin
7. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

Hello Kevin,

I will spend a week in June in Tsilivi with my family. Being a coeliac (gluten intolerant), I was wondering if you know of any places on the island where I could get gluten-free products, mainly bread.

Thanks in advance,

Galia

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
8. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

Now shopping for gluten-free products may be a bit tricky within the resort so i'd suggest you take a trip to the big EuroSpar on the edge of Zakynthos town that will be your best bet out of anywhere as its the biggest supermarket on the island also cheaper than in the resorts.

Dublin
9. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

Many thanks Kevin, will definitely try this option.

Have a good day!

Galia

Cardiff
reviews: 1
10. Re: Any infromation needed from the island in 2010 just ask.

Hi ,We are going to Zante in July by car and having great difficulty finding ferry info. We will be arriving in Italy around 11th July and need to be back in Italy for 2nd August to attend a wedding. If you can make any suggestions I would be truly grateful. We are tavelling from Cardiff. I have accomodation sorted.

Thanks

Westisbest

Edited: 5:47 pm, February 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos
Recent Conversations