We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alykanas

Which Zakynthos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
yorkshire
Alykanas

HI

leaving sunday for 2 weeks of sun(I hope!) just wondering of any tips you may have for things to do places to eat etc. staying at Alykanas beach apts.

Thanks Linz

Glasgow
reviews: 7
1. Re: Alykanas

Hi Linzi - I stayed in these apartments in 2004 - they are fantastic - very clean and spacious - the bar is great for food drinks and ice-poles (!), the staff very friendly, really enjoyed it! We are going to Alykes this time round, leave in a fortnight and cannot wait. However, as for places to eat - we ate out every night and did not have a disapointing meal! You can take a horse and cart from the top of the road leading to/from the apts for free into the village (it's only a stroll away but it's a novelty!) and there are plenty of places to chose from and some nice bars for the way home! As for trips - we did the shipwreck and the caves - the shipwreck boat trip is a long one - we were stuck on a boat for hours, then once at the shipwreck we got off the boat onto the most uncomfortable stoned beach for about 30 mins until the bigger boats came in! Don't get me wrong - the place is beautiful, but I have been told that if you hire a car and drive round the island there is a viewpoint from which you can see it the wreck and the bay! I think I'll be going with this option this time round. You may enjoy this more than I did however, so don't let me put you off the idea! Also thinking about doing the day trip to Kefelonia - but I am lead to believe this will be a real "day" out! There is also a train trip called Trainaki, which I think picks up from both villages and takes you up through two villages - by day you can visit a museum, church and spa and by night you can go to a Greek night which has a fab reputation - if you put Trainaki into a search engine you'll find more info. Also, don't forget to print out the vouchers which are online to get various discounts - 10% off or free vino ;) If you go to alykes.com you'll be able to find them for both villages! We also went to the Greek night at The Mill the last time we were there - that was worth a look too - good food for a bargain price and lots of Greek dancing and plate smashing! Whatever you do I'm sure you'll have good fun! Lisa.

yorkshire
2. Re: Alykanas

Thanks Lisa

great tips and ideas! Hope you have a good holiday too

Linz

3. Re: Alykanas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, October 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Zakynthos
Recent Conversations