We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trips around the island

Which Ithaca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
STREATHAM ,LONDON
reviews: 7
trips around the island

Hi we are going to be staying vathy for 2 weeks end of August begining of september. We don't drive and are wondering if there is a choice of trips that we can get to see the rest of the island .

4 replies to this topic
Bangor, North Wales
reviews: 13
1. Re: trips around the island

Hi

I'm visiting beginning of September too. I was hoping to so some early morning walks before it gets hot. When I visited Paxos I met a couple of people staying at the same accommodation and we hired a car between us, and I volunteered to drive. That is another option for you.

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
reviews: 39
2. Re: trips around the island

Hi Mev,

Looking at a map there are a some walks to the North and East of Vathi.

One via Loutsa to the lighthouse

Another from the Loutsa road cutting over to Minimata beach and on to the beaches of Skinos and Gidaki.

There is also a path from the Loutsa road up to a church at Analipsi.

Note I have not walked any of these but they are marked on a modern map of Ithaca that I have.

Enjoy the island

Bob

STREATHAM ,LONDON
3. Re: trips around the island

We have found a trip that a lady taxi driver does, she takes 2 -4 people the charge 80 € so can be as cheap as €20 per person. We haven't been yet , we are booked for the 2nd , I will update people as to what it was like and if people want her details I will let them have.

Theresa

STREATHAM ,LONDON
4. Re: trips around the island

HI Merv

Just wondered where you are staying and when arriving, the island is beautiful weather hot with a very refreshing breeze.

Upstreamers

Reply to: trips around the island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted