We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Corfu--one day!

Which Corfu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
Corfu--one day!

Hi, my husband and I are cruising next June and will be in Corfu from 9am to 5pm. We plan to either rent a scooter and adventure on our own or hire a private guide. Our style is to do as much as possible. We have cruised several times before. What are the must sees? As well as best beaches? Thanks so much!

10 replies to this topic
jersey,Channel Isles
reviews: 15
1. Re: Corfu--one day!

You have got to visit Paleokastritsa definately.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
2. Re: Corfu--one day!

Emma Tennant said something like "in Corfu, both time and space are unreliable" - forget trying to do as much as possible and let relaxation & impulse drive you. I have never been to New York, but Corfu must be at the opposite end of the spectrum - leave your watches, tablets and smartphones behind, and lose yourself in the old town of Corfu - you may miss the boat, but you won't regret it.

Steve

Corfu, Greece
3. Re: Corfu--one day!

Hi,

You didn'y say where you were docking but this site should help you get your bearings and work out what is possible in the time you have. www.corfu-loaded.net

Hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.

Mac

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 13
4. Re: Corfu--one day!

Hi AndreaandNathan....and welcome to the Corfu Forum...

There is also a link at the top right hand of this TA page under top questions on Corfu, the first link tells you all about things to do on a cruise trip stop-over...

I also agree with Steve though.....The Old Town of Corfu Town is absolutely stunning....a walk along The Liston walking through the narrow streets, the shops and tavernas there too...

Fi

Pelekas
reviews: 2
5. Re: Corfu--one day!

A few ideas here www.corfushoretrips.com

New York City, New...
6. Re: Corfu--one day!

This is great information! Thank you so much!

We decide to split the day between Paleokastritsa and Old Corfu Town! We will probably rent a scooter and a boat.

We also thought about stopping by the Dolce Cafe in Lakones for lunch. I heard the view is heavenly! And drinks at La Grotta Beach Bar is on the list as well. Does anyone know how to reach La Grotto by boat?

jersey,Channel Isles
7. Re: Corfu--one day!

You can get a taxi boat from Liapades if you want to reach it by boat. Easy to get to on the quad bike though.

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
8. Re: Corfu--one day!

That all sounds like a lot to do between 9 & 5pm. I went to the monastery in Paleo recently and I was there 2 hours without seeing everything ... and bear in mind I've been there many times before. Lakones is a place I have never explored, but the one-way traffic will take time and the little side streets may be very tempting. The trick also with Lakones is to only drive up there and then continue on through Makrades. To return down to Paleo will cause you to meet any coaches that make this journey as they will be swinging around the many hairpin bends that form the route. As for Corfu Town - that will take forever ....

Steve

Edited: 2:39 am, September 26, 2013
Exeter, United...
9. Re: Corfu--one day!

I would ... Find out the price for a taxi from 9-2. Or hire a car ... Drive up the east coast of the island, have a good look round Agni, Koloura, Kalami, Kassiopi area, have lunch in one of the stunning tavernas, back to Corfu town for an hour or two to check out the Liston and old town. I couldn't bear one day on Corfu !, Personally I find Paleo. a bit overrated , although the monastery is stunning.

Exeter, United...
10. Re: Corfu--one day!

I would ... Find out the price for a taxi from 9-2. Or hire a car ... Drive up the east coast of the island, have a good look round Agni, Koloura, Kalami, Kassiopi area, have lunch in one of the stunning tavernas, back to Corfu town for an hour or two to check out the Liston and old town. I couldn't bear one day on Corfu !, Personally I find Paleo. a bit overrated , although the monastery is stunning.

Reply to: Corfu--one day!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted