We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which resort?

Which Corfu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Preston, United...
reviews: 40
Which resort?

Hi all,

After spending about an hour reading up on the resorts of Corfu, we are lost!

We are interested in visiting in May time, we are a couple in our late 20's who enjoy a good beach, nice restaurants and the odd nice bar. Not much else really! We hire a car normally so enjoy travelling around locally to see the sites.

What would you say from that very brief synopsis would be the best resort for us? Seems Kassiopi and Sidari are the main two if I'm right?!

Thanks in advance, find it so difficult booking a new resorts, think in our young age we have become very set in our ways so need confidence of others to book something new!

reviews: 1
1. Re: Which resort?

Have u considered Moratika? A hidden gem away from the usual tourist chicken and chips laces- the Islands bar and resteraunt is simply excellent -I go 3 times a year!

Preston, United...
2. Re: Which resort?

Hi, no hadn't seen much about this place?

We do like a bit of atmosphere, is there plenty to see around here and lots of restaurants to choose from?

Thanks!

manchester
reviews: 42
3. Re: Which resort?

Out of the two resorts you mention and your synopsis then I think Kassiopi would be more of what you are looking for, the beach is quite pebbly though but there are some lovely taverna's.

I would recommend the resort of Sans Stefanos North West, definetly no chip shops or the like, it has a lovely sandy beach, a few bars and some wonderful taverna's overlooking the ocean and more in the village itself, Greek dancing in some of the taverna's of an evening and low key entertainment at others, it is a very friendly village with a great atmosphere.

Take a look at ' virtual tour of sans stefanos bliss' and take a tour around the beautiful beach and village. Also try the dedicated forum, google ' sans stefanos forum' a wealth of info to be gained and where you can ask any questions that you may have.

Edited: 4:40 pm, February 19, 2013
Preston, United...
4. Re: Which resort?

Hi Rosey, thanks for your reply.

Would you say KassIopI is still a nice beach for relaxing on and swimming even though it has pebbles?

The other resort you mention, how big is this in comparison to the others? My partner is very concerned about going somewhere with not much happening! We certainly aren't looking for night life but definitely lots of choice for dinner as I'm a fussy vegetarian!

Thanks again guys

manchester
reviews: 42
5. Re: Which resort?

We have never actually stayed in Kassiopi but we always visit for the day when we are in Sans Stefanos (we always hire quad/car but there is a bus from SS that you can get to Kassiopi), the beach does look nice at Kassiopi but in my opinion the beach in SS is much nicer.

I would say that SS and Kassiopi are similar in size but set out differently. Sidari has more of an English feel to it, lots of bars,tattoo parlours and tribute acts, not a resort that I would choose but lots of people do like staying there.

SS has more than enough taverna's to be able to visit a different one each evening of a 14 night stay, there are some nice chill out bars too, others offer live entertainment and one bar that does tribute acts, kareoke and a disco but nothing over the top.

I am a vegetarian too and in terms of variety and good food then SS would be perfect for you, the Beechcombers restaurant which looks over the sea does excellent vegetarian meals, the best that I have had in Greece.

There are also quad bikes and cars for hire,like you we always visit other resorts/villages during our stay.

If you need anymore info then just let me know.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 14
6. Re: Which resort?

Hi Travelfan....and Welcome to the Corfu Forum...

Sidari can be as quiet or as lively as you want, the Canal D'Amour area of Sidari is really nice, it is just a 10 minute stroll to the main Sidari Strip if you want the lively aspect, but quiet enough to have a peaceful night's sleep.

There are lots of lovely tavernas to choose from, sandy beaches and coves. There is plenty to do and see. There are water sports, boat hire, pedaloes to explore the coves. You can hire a car or quad bike to explore the lovely villages in and around North Corfu.

Sidari has its own coach companies for tours of the Island and other neighbouring villages too.

May is a lovely time to visit Corfu as it is the greenest of the Greek Islands, flowers are in abundance and you may be lucky to see the fireflies too!

Whatever you choose, you will have a great time on this beautiful island of Corfu.

Fi

british
reviews: 26
7. Re: Which resort?

I think Roda or Acharavi would be the place for you. Roda is busier with tourists and Acharavi is just a walk away. Both have good restaurants. Roda more fun, Acharavi more reserved but both lovely, friendly places. Sidari for me is too English and too busy. While Kasseopia is very pretty you might find it too quiet. Roda/Acharavi are in between the both so a good base.

8. Re: Which resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:39 pm, March 05, 2013
9. Re: Which resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 24, 2014