We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

Which Corfu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nuremberg, Germany
reviews: 1
Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

My friend and I have a trip planned to Italy/Greece at the end of March 2013. We are flying from Rome to Athens on March 27th and would like to see the Acropolis in Athens and then go to Corfu. We are flying back home from Corfu on March 30th. We had planned to take the free busing provided by a hostel from Athens to Corfu, but upon emailing them requesting dates the bus was leaving, we were told the service is only offered during the summer. We are back to the drawing board searching for ways to get to Corfu (although cheaply, because we are students and would naturally like to keep our costs down). What is the cheapest way we could get from Athens to Corfu (preferably travelling at night because we don't have very much time in Greece) and how much would this cost us?

Thank you for your help,

Vanessa

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
1. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

Hey and welcome Vanessa:-) Well, you can take a bus from Athens to Igoumenitsa (note sure on timing, but believe this takes about 6-7 hours or so.. am sure someone will kick in with specifics;-) From there, you can hop on the short ferry ride over to Corfu! You can get an idea of schedules/ferry costs on www.gtp.g.r/ www.openseas.gr/

You may also want to check www.olympicair.com/ www.aegeanair.com/ who fly to Corfu from Athens.. it's a quick approx 45 min flight and huge timesaver;-) They oftentimes offer some great deals throughout the year that may rival bus/ferry cost.. you can sign up for both their email alerts now;-) Happy planning.. and enJOY!

Nuremberg, Germany
2. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

Thanks for the reply. Yes I looked into flights and it is roughly $80 per person to fly from Athens to Corfu and seeing as we were expecting a free ride from Athens, this is a little steep for us. I read here: greecelogue.com/getting-from-athens-to-corfu… that the bus from Athens to Igoumenitsa doesn't run between October and May. Do you (or anyone else) have any idea if this is true?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
3. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

You're welcome Vanessa:-) No clue on bus schedule.. would think it would be year round to accommodate local residents?;-) Am sure someone will pop in here and help out with specifics;) Keep enJOYin'!

Edited: 5:17 pm, February 17, 2013
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
4. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

Looks like 4 a day, including one at 2100. Cost is €44.50 and it takes 7.5 hours:

athensguide.com/practicalinfo/busschedulesA.…

I think ferries in season are hourly, not sure about March??

oostende - Belgium
reviews: 8
5. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

Normally there should be 3 busses/day from Athens to Corfu (7 & 10 AM - 8 PM). They leave from the Kifissou busstation. Prices should be somewhere around 50€.

This is the website (in Greek) from the buscompany:

www.ktelkerkyras.gr/…

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Stoupa, Finikounda, Petalidi, Athens
reviews: 55
6. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

There are buses to Corfu, 07.00 - 10.00 - 20.00 daily. I don't know the cost, but would expect it to be around 55 euro total with the ferry.

You can email them here to ask & check,

www.ktelkerkyras.gr/?module=sendmail&lang=el

Your name in the first box, email address in the second, write your message in the third, solve the code & send (αποστολή). You can write the message in English, they will have someone who can read & reply.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Stoupa, Finikounda, Petalidi, Athens
reviews: 55
7. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

Snap Nicksy!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
8. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

.. if it costs 50-55E, then the $80 for the quick flight is practically the same price;-) No brainer IMO;-) Keep enJOYin' all!

Nuremberg, Germany
9. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

Thank you for the help everyone! I will be sure to check out those links :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
10. Re: Cheapest way to get from Athens to Corfu in March

Our pleasure Vanessa:-) Let us know how the planning goes.. and keep enjoyin'!