We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage Storage at Corfu Port

Which Corfu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 16
Luggage Storage at Corfu Port

We hope to spend 1 night in Corfu Town before, getting a ferry to Paxos for 4 nights this summer. We will be returning to Corfu for 9 nights (Agios Gordios). I don't fancy trying to drag suitcases onto the hydofoil, so I was thinking of just taking the essentials to Paxos, in a separate light bag. So my question is, is there a luggage storage facility at the Port where we could leave suitcases for 4 nights? Thanks :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Corfu
reviews: 6
1. Re: Luggage Storage at Corfu Port

There is a left luggage facility at the Nautica Cafe at the New Port.

You can find it on this map here...item no.5....

www.ionian-cruises.com/images/tickets_map.jpg

Alternatively you could contact the Port direct with the same question.... info@corfuport.gr

Stockport
reviews: 47
2. Re: Luggage Storage at Corfu Port

Hi Annie, the only major hassle about taking suitcases onto the hydrofoil is that you have to then wait for them to be offloaded when you get to the other end. Even if you only take a light bag with your essentials, if it's any bigger than a cabin-size bag and the boat's fairly full, the crew will probably insist on putting it into the luggage hold on the hydrofoil, so you'll still have to wait for it.

A little tip if there are two of you travelling together - keep hold of your own tickets, one of you get near to the front of the hydrofoil queue and get on early to save seats, whilst the other hangs back with the bags and gets on later. That way your luggage will be near the front of the pile and be off-loaded quicker. Don't tell everyone though, or they'll all be doing it ;o)

Ireland
reviews: 16
3. Re: Luggage Storage at Corfu Port

Many thanks Arillas for the link, and email address :-)

And thanks for your tip Xenos about the luggage! As for saving the seats, the only way I can travel by hydrofoil is by getting on last, and staying in the very limited outside space where they store the bicycles etc ;-) I'm not the best when it comes to boats!

Thanks again guys, looking forward to returning to Corfu and Paxos.

4. Re: Luggage Storage at Corfu Port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 10, 2014