We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Which Corfu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 35
Mosquitos

Hi Planning on going here in May and have heard that there a lot of mossies about!!! Can anyone recommend something very good at keeping these away or deterring them in any really good way as they seem to love me and therefore eat me alive whilst my other half never gets bitten..Thanks in advance

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
reviews: 18
1. Re: Mosquitos

Hi sissy - I guess no one's answering because this issue is raised so frequently. Just above your question there is a search box - typing in mosquitos or mozzies will give you access to previous posts. Read the most recent ones as there are a lot of new preparations on the market now.

Steve

Burton upon Trent...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Mosquitos

Hi, I've heard members on the forum and friends swear by Avon's skin-so-soft oil spray. It's not marketed as a mozzie repellent but somehow seems to work. Unfortunately I left it too late for last years visit to Corfu to put it to the test.

I've also read that taking vitamin B1 for two weeks before you go and whilst there and to start taking anti-histamines one week before travel and whilst there. I'm going to give the lot a go this year before my visit to Skiathos.

Good luck,

Ana.

Liverpool
reviews: 4
3. Re: Mosquitos

Hi I really think you have to be very careful, they also like me! Take care especially in the early evening. There is a spray that you can use and if you shop around you may find it at a reasonable price. I think it,s called 'Jungle Formula' Another thing you have to remember is, keep the curtains drawn if you have to use lights in the evening. Just make sure you use plenty of spray, especially feet. There is nothing more annoying than being away with someone who never gets bitten----leaving lights and windows/doors open!. Good luck.

middx
reviews: 5
4. Re: Mosquitos

Hi, went all out last summer with the precautions, B1, avon's SSS, another ( pricey) spray allegedly used by hikers etc in the rain forest, usual plug ins, ultrasonic key ring things, wrist bands, got no more or less bites than normal, think a lot of it is luck tbh, just stick to whatever's on offer this year for me, have a great hol.

england
reviews: 4
5. Re: Mosquitos

Try Scarborough, never had any problems with mossies

6. Re: Mosquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 07, 2014