We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Corfu

Which Corfu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
reviews: 11
Where in Corfu

Hi everyone

I am looking for some advice, I am turning 30 in May (2013) and I was thinking of visiting corfu for my birthday, I am looking for somehwere fairly relaxed but with some good bar/clubs for the nightlife. I am considering all inclusive to keep the cost dowm, can anyone give me any advice on where about the best place to stay in corfu, what the food is like etc?

Many thanks

Mary

14 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 13
1. Re: Where in Corfu

Hi mezarrina...and welcome to the Corfu forum..

This would depend on the star level you wish to stay in (i.e. 3, 4 or 5 star)

Here are some for you to look at:

Mitsis Roda Beach in Roda (North of the island) lovely village atmosphere

Dassia Chandris - Dassia - not too far from Corfu Town

Aquis Sandy Beach Resort - Agios Georgios, South

As with all hotels which do inclusive,the food will be 'middle of the road'. but I do understand the need to know your budget.

Personally, I would look to stay self catering as eating out in tavernas is very reasonable and the food is really good. Corfiot food has a slight Italian influence and I think it is really good...slow cooked lamb, spit roasted lamb, moussaka (obviously), stuffed peppers with feta cheese, stuffed tomatoes, the list is endless and if you get the chance...try Greek sausages...hmmn lovely!

You could always look to stay half board, then that will give you the choice. The local wines and beers are very reasonably priced...but if you want UK branded spirits, then they will cost a lot more.

I hope this gives you a starting point..

Fi

Roda, Greece
Destination Expert
for Corfu, Roda
reviews: 18
2. Re: Where in Corfu

I'm not convinced that all-inclusives do keep the costs down, especially if you compare like with like. if costs are lower, then it is usually because quality is lower and they take you away from the real Greek experience. As with most European countries now, the staff are often the lowest paid immigrants and not local Greek people - those that make this country stand out from all others.

Roda could be a good choice for you and there are lots of places to choose from. Look at http://www.rodaonline.org/ for details. For a bit of luxury for the special occasion, consider Pipitsa's Apartments on rodaonline.org/Roda-Pages/Aspioti-Pipitsa/.

Steve

Nottingham
3. Re: Where in Corfu

Hi, thanks for both of your advice, I think I will have a look at self catering and see what the prices are like..... I may be back to pick your brains further lol :-)

Nottingham
4. Re: Where in Corfu

Hi, thanks for both of your advice, I think I will have a look at self catering and see what the prices are like..... I may be back to pick your brains further lol :-)

Birmingham
reviews: 58
5. Re: Where in Corfu

Hi Mary. I just celebrated my 40th in Sidari in September and it was wonderful. Up until this one, all my hols had been all inclusive as I worried about costs etc but Sidari is surprisingly cheap. It has great nightlife for all ages and lots of very traditional taverna's too. We were paying between 7 and 8 euro's each for a meal and there were some even cheaper than that on specials boards. Breakfasts were anything from 3 to 5 euros and it was easy to find them including juice and coffee at this price. We really enjoyed it and for the first time we're now looking for non all inc holidays for next year. Can't help you with info about all inc hotels actually on Corfu but just thought I'd let you know about our own experiences :) hope you find somewhere lovely.

Nottingham
6. Re: Where in Corfu

XAlisonX that is brilliant many thanks - going to have a look now at holidays in that area :o)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 13
7. Re: Where in Corfu

Hi Mezarrina - There are some lovely appartments in and around Sidari - Have a look at the Canal D'Amour area, some lovely tavernas too in that area and only a short walk (10 minutes strolling) to the main part of Sidari where there are more tavernas, bars and shops etc.

Sidari is all flat walking with sandy beaches and stunning views of Albania. The sunsets are gorgeous too....!

Sidari offers a good selection of water sports, car and quad bike hire. Or if you prefer coach trips, Sidari has its own coach companies, don't take the tour operator ones as they are way more expensive... (and a trip to Corfu Town and The Old Town is a must for newbies to the Island).

There is something for everyone in Sidari....

Check the Tripadvisor reviews for hotels in Sidari

Whatever you choose..you will love Corfu !!

Fi

ashtead
reviews: 1
8. Re: Where in Corfu

Hi Alison,

Just read your review from December 2012 as looking at Coru for next summe for 10 days with our 13 year old son. Can you recommend anywhere to stay. We like a nice pool and to be able to stroll out in the evening to eat plus any trips by boat if we feel like it.

Many thanks

Kathy

Birmingham
reviews: 58
9. Re: Where in Corfu

Hi Kathy, my first choice would be the Kanali apartments which are in the Canal d Amour area. Lovely pool area overlooking the sea and a lovely area only a few moments walk from a reasonable amount of tavernas and 10 minutes tops into the main part. I think they can only be booked through Thomsons and they get booked out really quickly for the school summer hols. I'm sure there are a few people on here though who can recomend various other apartments too.

ashtead
reviews: 1
10. Re: Where in Corfu

Thanks Alison,

Have looked at them. Will have another look.

Kathy

Reply to: Where in Corfu
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted