We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kanali Hotel to Peroulades- good running route ?

Which Corfu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston Lincs
reviews: 1
Kanali Hotel to Peroulades- good running route ?

I am spending the winter trying to get fit in the gym and my aim is to do some running whilst in Sidari next July ! I believe I can do a good circular route from Kanali where we're staying up to Peroulades and then back on the more inland road which comes in near Jeni's cafe. My guess was about a 5 mile round trip ?

Bet everyone thinks I'm mad planning to do this in the heat of July !!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 14
1. Re: Kanali Hotel to Peroulades- good running route ?

Hi Liz...yes there is a 'round robin' route you can take, BUT I would seriously suggest that you run at the crack of dawn...as it is going to be seriously hot in July, even early morning!! You'll need plenty of water in case of dehydration for a 5 mile jog/run...

When you come out by Jeni's cafe,you will then have about another 5-10 mins walk back to Kanali...Personally I would stop off at Jeni's for a coffee and cakes..lol

We stay at the Kanali and 'Himself' does part of that area as a walk (and we go in May/June).

Anyway, happy jogging!!!

Fi

Boston Lincs
2. Re: Kanali Hotel to Peroulades- good running route ?

Thank you Fi + I know you are right about the temps, I am hoping I will be up to the task by then .

Maybe I would be better off missing Peroulades out altogether + just running to Jeni's cafe for breakfast + back again !!

Sidari
Destination Expert
for Corfu
3. Re: Kanali Hotel to Peroulades- good running route ?

Liz, don,t jog at all in July, just swim, swim, swim up to your neck in a pool , with big sun hat on,with temps in the 40,s this year, people were dropping like flies,that was greeks, as well as the tourists

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sidari
reviews: 14
4. Re: Kanali Hotel to Peroulades- good running route ?

Hi Liz.....Have to agree with Moonpig, swimming would be a better choice (with a hat....as I remember getting sunstroke once whilst swimming in the Agean when on holiday in Rhodes because I didn't wear one).

Swimming will use a good fair of the muscles and will tone you, and you are not putting pressure on your feet and muscles when 'pounding' the road...

Fi x

p.s. You could always go back to Plan B and just go to Jeni's...!!! lol

Boston Lincs
5. Re: Kanali Hotel to Peroulades- good running route ?

Jeni's cafe is about as far as I can manage at the moment as the gym is hard work !

I shall bring my trainers as they will be good for walking in if nothing else !

Thanks to you both for your advice, will post when I get back next year and let you know how I got on.

Moonpig, is there a gym in Sidari ? Thats another possible option as long as its air conditioned !

Sidari
Destination Expert
for Corfu
6. Re: Kanali Hotel to Peroulades- good running route ?

yes////// but go to sunset beach , climb down and back , you won,t need to work out

the rocks at canal d mour are a challenge too. and maybe an hour on a pedallo

have fun anyway

7. Re: Kanali Hotel to Peroulades- good running route ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Corfu