We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A resort like kassiopi but with sandy beach?

Which Corfu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, UK
reviews: 4
A resort like kassiopi but with sandy beach?

I have been trying to find a holiday for next September and can't seem to find anything that ticks all the boxes! Really like kassiopi but with 2 young children a sandy beach Is a must now. Basically looking for a Greek island resort similar to Kassiopi but with a sandy beach?! Does such a thing exist? Doesn't have to be Corfu will consider any Greek island really. We like harbour resorts not too tourist but with a few tavernas/bars (with sandy beach).

All suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

16 replies to this topic
manchester
reviews: 30
11. Re: A resort like kassiopi but with sandy beach?

Hi Fiona I agree with the suggestion of Sans Stefanos North West, a beautiful sandy beach which is perfect for your children with taverna's overlooking the beach and more in the lovely,friendly village itself, it is a wonderful chilled out resort.Thomsons and Thomas Cook do package holidays however if you are thinking of doing an independent holiday then look at the website of 'Corfu selections' who have some lovely accomodations available at very reasonable prices and will be able to advise about flights etc, you can contact them on their website and they are always quick to respond and are very reliable.

I also agree that Arillas and Agios Georgios North are worth your consideration also, out of the three I would go for Sans Stefanos but the other two resorts are also very nice, you can't go wrong with any of them. Although not harbour resorts they are unique in their own way and do have lots to offer for a relaxing family holiday .Hope this helps!

jersey,Channel Isles
reviews: 15
12. Re: A resort like kassiopi but with sandy beach?

What has to be mentioned as well is that Arillas and San Stephanos NW are within easy walking distance of each other so you can sample both resorts.

London, United...
reviews: 3
13. Re: A resort like kassiopi but with sandy beach?

Arillas or San Stefanos (north west Corfu) would be ideal. if you go past the church at the end of the old part of San Stefanos, there is a little harbour where you can take boat trips.

Sheffield, United...
14. Re: A resort like kassiopi but with sandy beach?

Anti-paxos. . Sandy beach, clear shallow water on Vrika beach brilliant! Two tavernas.

Edited: 5:23 pm, February 03, 2014
Exeter, United...
reviews: 13
15. Re: A resort like kassiopi but with sandy beach?

Go to Kassiopi! hire a car and nip five minutes round to Sandy beach ! perfect :-). A taxi is not expensive either.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 73
16. Re: A resort like kassiopi but with sandy beach?

Richard B there are no hotels on Anti Paxos, you can visit for a day but can't stay.

Paleokastritsa has 5 or 6 beaches to choose from some sandy, it has a working harbour but it's not the picturesque type really, it's busy during the day with tourists, I really liked it there.

I'm staying in Lakka in Paxos this year, has a beautiful harbour but the closest beaches are pebbly however there's a man made sand beach at the south near Gaios which is the biggest of the 3 towns/villages on the island also with a harbour then as mentioned in my first line you can visit Anti Paxos for the day either by guided tour or hire your own motor boat - which is the best fun you'll ever have :)

There's also Manadendri beach which is stony but has pedaloes, canoes, hammocks a salt water swimming pool and a very good beach Taverna owned and run by the people who's hotel I stay in - the Bastas.

Reply to: A resort like kassiopi but with sandy beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted