We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Kefalonia, please help!

Which Cephalonia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bath, United Kingdom
First time to Kefalonia, please help!

I am going to Kefalonia at the end of August and am staying in Agia Efimia. Does anyone know how we can get from the airport to Agia Efimia with bus? Or if that's not possible, roughly how much a taxi would be?

Thanks!

Sara

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
1. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

Hi Sara and welcome

There are no buses from the airport to anywhere on the island I'm afraid but you do have some options.

1. If you intend renting a car, then arrange to collect and drop off at the airport, saves the worry about transfer costs. and arrangements.

2. Take a look at one of the dedicated transfer companies. Try Transfers4U, A2B Transfers, ResortHoppa and Travel Republic, all should offer transfers to Ag Efimia. They price per person so you'd have to do the sums compared to a taxi.

3. If you are staying in a hotel, see if they offer a collection service or...

4. Take a taxi, will cost about €50, maybe more, but there will always be plenty waiting for a fare. A taxi will take four plus bags so it might be the cheap alternative if there are 3 or more in your party. Perhaps someone who may have used a taxi on this run can confirm the one way price?

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
reviews: 51
2. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

Hi Sara,

There are no buses from the airport to anywhere on the island!

A taxi would be in the region of 70 euros. each way

If you are going to hire a car then it makes economic sense to hire it to collect from, and return to, the airport.

There are several local companies that are excellent and cheaper than the international companies when they add all their extras on.

I know that Pefanis car hire and Greekstones car hire hire with "everything covered". So no excesses if you have a prang.

I have also been told that Venus car hire fall into this category but I have no personal knowledge.

If you decide to hire from the Airport then let me know and I will provide you with a route.

You have chosen one of the best resorts on the island in my opinion. You will however need a car to get around

Bob

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
3. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

Hi Graham,

Our postings appear to have overlapped!

Bob

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
4. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

Looks like it Bob, and thanks for the update on taxi costs...;0)

bristol
reviews: 13
5. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

Hi there. Do you mind telling me where you are staying in Agia Efimia?

bristol
6. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

Hi Bob

Can you tell me where you got the taxi price from please?

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
7. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

Hi folks,

I owe you an apology. I took the taxi fare from two years ago and updated it.

I have now checked with a few taxi sites and get the better, but still expensive, fares of 60+ euros

Many apologies

Bob

bristol
8. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

ok thanks. we paid 50e ea way for our 2 visits last year.

bristol
9. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

We have stayed in several different places in Agia Efimia and the property owners arrange our taxi for us. That is why I asked where you are staying

East Anglia
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
10. Re: First time to Kefalonia, please help!

Hi travellersfrombristol,

Sorry, are you asking me where we are staying? I thought you were asking Sara.

Anyway, we try to stay in Myrtos apartments, but if we cannot get there we have stayed in Violatos. For my independent trip next week we have booked a Konstantinos Appartment. This September we are taking our daughter and her fellow and have booked a plush villa from Owners Abroad.

Now we always book a car or 4x4 from the airport.

Cheers

Bob