We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parga here we go

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
merseyside
reviews: 1
parga here we go

just paid to go to parga in august staying in zozefina dept wondering any comments, also do we have to have a boat tranfer traverling first choice

thanks springsteen

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga, Epirus
reviews: 8
1. Re: parga here we go

Springsteen

Sorry about the delay but had a glitch on the net.

No knowledge of the Zozefina but can answer the other part. There isn't a boat transfer these days due to the "new" tunnel. Preveza is at the kneck of a very large lagoon (Amvrikakos Gulf) and Aktion Airport is on the other side, ferries used to do the crossing but now there is a tunnel. The tunnel has speeded up the journey and depending where the Zozafina Apts are you could be in the rooms within 75 mins. When are you going?

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga, Epirus
2. Re: parga here we go

Meant to ask when in August. If you're there for the 15th there's festival with loadsa fireworks.

merseyside
3. Re: parga here we go

Conny Sir

going on the 27th of august

travelling time is about 11/2 hrs to hotel

it is only a small family run hotel

15 rooms pool and jacuzzi

its on the outskirts of valtos

thanks

springsteen

north east uk
reviews: 2
4. Re: parga here we go

We too are fly ing to Preveza and then onto Dracos apartotel in Parga , - How long are you in the tunnel for ????

Do you know anything about Dracos Apartotel as they are new to First Choice.

Thanks for any help given . Cheers

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga, Epirus
5. Re: parga here we go

Samos

You're in the tunnel for maybe 2 minutes. The tunnel's large and well lit with the speed limit strictly adhered to. I've driven through the tunnel a dozen or so times and at its busiest there have been two or three cars in front of me. Can't help you with the hotel - hope this is useful.

cheshire
reviews: 23
6. Re: parga here we go

hi there springsteen

we stayed at the zozefina last may and have booked again for this september.

all greek apartments are basic and not usually very good, but i was pleasantly surprised with this one, nice and friendly, very clean small swimming pool and jucuzzi, tv in room, air con, kettle, fridge, cooker, bath, shower and small balcony. close enough to the town to walk down to, lots of nice shops. parga is my most favorite place on earth, get a car, get out and about, different types of beaches for everyone, we found a beach all to ourselves last year, just the two of us. lots of little beaches that are very pretty, pituresque beautiful clear blue sea. , lots of little taverna's, food wonderful. good choice hope you enjoy it.

no boat transfer, first choice was pretty good too.

you can island hop once you get settled lots of things to do, places to see, you won't be bored.

go to gliki beautiful river that you can walk through, so clear, perfect.

i wish i had gone back to parga this june, instead we tried djerba and that was the holiday from hell.

merseyside
7. Re: parga here we go

Hi ivvyl

thanks for your reply sorry its taken somtime been working loads of over time, to get spends for holidays, because after being to corfu for two year on the trot, dont know how much we will need for two weeks, theres myself my husband and a tall very hungry 15 year old lad our son, glad to here of somone who has stayed were we our going counting down the weeks............

thanks again

Sringsteen

cheshire
reviews: 23
8. Re: parga here we go

hi there springsteen, we recommended our neighbours to go to parga, they got home on sunday and loved it, they went out on island hops and went to gliki, the river there is the clearest i have ever seen and you can walk the length of the river through the water as it runs through the gorge. it really is well worth a visit,

there are many tavenas round and about parga all are good value and excellent food, there are giros bars where you can get the authentic greek kebabs and chips/salad very cheaply.

we have travelled all over greece and visited many of the islands over the years, we always hire cars so we can see more places but parga is still my favorite place.

from the zozefina there is a mini market close by where you can stock up with cheeses, cooked meats fruits,bread, water and all the other things you may need.

i think that you may still be there when we arrive, the first weekend in september, look forward to meeting you there.

regards

yvonne

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga, Epirus
9. Re: parga here we go

We've tried many tavernas in Parga over the years and I think that Zorbas will take some beating when feeding a healthy, hungry 15 year old lad - I never had any complaints from mine. There are now two Zorbas; one at either end of the harbour but both are owned by the same family and offer extremely good value - portion sizes can be enormous.

It's true what ivvyl says about the River Acheron at Gliki the place is really special - if you've read my previous postings you'll realise I'm smitten with the place and need a fix of the place each time I visit Parga. A hire car does make big difference to where you can visit but the cost can be a bit OTT if hiring in resort. I've tried to start a forum off for independent travellers and car hire is one topics which I hope will be discussed - it could throw up some interesting suggestions. To give you an Idea of cost I've just hired again through Argus Rentals - two weeks for a 5 door Punto with air con, collect and drop off at Preveza airport from Europcar £216 - 10% deposit and balance when I pick the car up.

Hope the forums kick off again!!!!!

merseyside
10. Re: parga here we go

hi connysir

when do you go this year to parga

thanks

springstten