We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport journey to parga

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
warrington
reviews: 1
airport journey to parga

just booked to stay at harmony resort in parga , this is our first visit to parga . just wondering what the journey is like from airport. is it on flat roads or up and down hills ect , been samos last two years and the journey from airport was over the hills and back any info would be fab as my daughter struggles with travel sickness ...cheers tony

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
reviews: 2
1. Re: airport journey to parga

Are you driving a hire car or doing a coach transfer?

Roads are fairly straight but does go up and down at times... look on Google maps and plot a route.

Doesn't sitting at the front make a difference for travel sickness? Seeing where you are going helps a lot.

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga, Epirus
reviews: 8
2. Re: airport journey to parga

The road from the airport, as already stated, is quite straight with very little undulation. Take a look at Google Maps directions from Aktion Airport to Parga (satellite) and you will see that the road (E55) is fairly straight and follows fairly close to the coast. Considering that the coastline from Preveza to the turning for Parga is virtually unbroken sandy beach it gives some indication of what it's like. From the Parga turning into Parga (10 klms) the road is more bendy but no severe gradients or switchback bends.

I would also reiterate what rtj70 has suggested with front seat travelling.

warrington
3. Re: airport journey to parga

thanks for info, we will be on coach transfers...it does not seem to bad compared to samos then , where you climed up the side of big moutains for the first part of journey ..hopefuly this journey seems a lot better...cheers tony

Warrington
reviews: 21
4. Re: airport journey to parga

I suffer terribly with travel sickness so I sympathise. After making this journey many times, I have only once felt ill on the coach but I think that was after a full days sun.

Spalding
5. Re: airport journey to parga

Our daughter tends to suffer from travel sickness in the UK and has been really bad when we went to Stoupa, but I must say she has always been ok on the Preveza - Parga run. Although I think it helps when she has her music to take her mind off it.

Edited: 7:58 am, January 14, 2013
Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga, Epirus
reviews: 8
6. Re: airport journey to parga

Well Tony, it seems as though your decision has been made - enjoy your holiday.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
7. Re: airport journey to parga

I agree about sitting to the front/middle of the coach. Certainy don't sit behind the rear wheels, as when you go round bends there will be more movement, and also you look out of the window and can't see any road! This happened to us on a transfer through the mountains in Samos, and by the time we got to the airport Mrs Steve was a very pale colour - underneath the tan of course!

Liverpool
reviews: 51
8. Re: airport journey to parga

I agree, try to sit in the middle of the coach and limit your sons chocolate and fizzy drinks beforehand, and don't forget those plastic bags, just in case

warrington
9. Re: airport journey to parga

hi steve - p53, if youve been to samos you will know whats it like regaurds the journey, would you say its a lot better than samos then ...cheers tony

Spalding, United...
reviews: 23
10. Re: airport journey to parga

the bus journey in relation to Samos and Stoupa (awful) is a relatively pleasant one, you should be fine. we always take a small battery powered hand held fan for our 10yr old as she suffers from travel sickness and this seems to help alot too.

Edited: 11:20 am, January 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations