We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shall we or shan't we???

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
reviews: 28
Shall we or shan't we???

Hello,

I'm just after a bit of advice as to whether we should return to Parga next year or not? We have been twice before, 2010 & 2011 and we just fell in love with the place. We went to Lesvos this year and yes Molyvos was nice but it just didn't grab our hearts like Parga has. So you may wonder why I'm dilly dallying? well my fear is because we enjoyed ourselves so much before and did quite a lot of things and went to a few places will we have enough to do? or because we've done so much will a 3rd visit spoil our love for Parga? We have looked at Adams hotel and it seems quite reasonable, has anyone any tips/advice on this accom.

Thanks for your help

Selby, United...
reviews: 86
1. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

Hi sadjeo

We stayed there but it was 2004 so quite a while ago. It was clean and nice. Pool is very small.

The only thing I would say is be aware that it's a good long walk uphill out of town. Don't know where you stayed last time. We just came back from Irini, just slightly nearer to town than Adams. Although we loved it there we decide it we can afford it another time we will go closer to town.

Yiamass, Jean

Kingston-upon-Hull...
2. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

Hi Jean,

Yes I think Adams is just before Dracos where we stayed in 2010. During the day we will use our transport whether its a scooter or a car so it shouldn't bother us too much, night time might be different after a few cocktails! I think I read somewhere that you can book a better room with the hotel not sure how that works though. Were the rooms very comfortable? How was the bathroom?

Thanks,

Michaela

Selby, United...
reviews: 86
3. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

Michaela

Adams is a lot further up the hill than Dracos. It's past the Irini as well. If you look at GoogleEarth you can see it. Also look at this map http://www.compurite.co.uk/parga.htm . The bottom one shows accomodations.

Can't remember what the bathrooms were like at Adams, sorry. We booked a last minute deal and actually got a fab room. It was a family room but only two of us. Think there was a tv as well.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Jean

Gloucestershire
reviews: 26
4. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

Hi - we have also been to Molyvos, but only once & have been to Parga multiple times. I think you have answered your own question in that Parga has grabbed your heart. Even though you have visited before, each visit and experience will be different and can also depend on the people you meet. There are so many wonderful places to visit in and around the Epirus region. There are 52 weeks in a year and for most people, if you are lucky, you only get to spend 2 of those in Parga, so I dont think visiting before will spoil your return visit. When the plane lands on Greek tarmac I always feel as if I am returning home. If you love a place so much then I think you will always love it!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
5. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

Yes bbparga I think you're right. I used to be one of those people that never went to the same place twice but how can you resist Parga. I just don't know what it is? I was expecting very similiar things from Molyvos and yes it was nice but tbh not a patch on Parga in our opinion. I know there are lots of repeat visitors to Lesvos as there are Parga and I just think if they all love Lesvos then they would be simply in awe of Parga! Anyway I have another dilema now and that is which accommodation to choose!

Thanks for the advice on Adams Jean. It does look to be quite far out of town. Thinking we might go to Dracos again instead. Only problem there is at the moment only Thomson seems to be going there, however I spoke to the owner of Dracos last night and he said he is using Thomsons, TC, and Cosmos. So don't know if we should book now or wait and see if TC materialise. Cosmos hasn't got the availability for when we'd like to go!

Barnsley, United...
reviews: 25
6. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

Hi Michaela

I really enjoyed my holiday in Parga but I've still to return {which I would never rule out } I've come to the conclusion that it's not the place specifically that anyone falls in love with , It's the full package , how the locals treat you , In Parga I was just another tourist and felt like one , maybe another visit would change that but I doubt it ,

Lesvos doesn't need tourists so you are treat differently , as a guest or as a friend they dont try to pander to tourist needs . I feel as if I belong when I'm there.

Parga is a beautiful tourist destination but still a tourist destination . I loved my holiday there but certainly wasn't in awe ,

Kingston-upon-Hull...
7. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

Hi Lekistyx,

I have never felt like just a tourist in Parga, but the same can't be said for Lesvos, in particular Petra and Anaxos and I'm so glad that we choose Molyvos to spend our holiday. We all have our favourites and it really is each to their own! Like I said above this is my opinion and maybe if we'd gone to Lesvos 1st then maybe our hearts would belong there. I just find Parga has everything and more for us and it's beauty certainly leaves me in awe.

Barnsley, United...
reviews: 25
8. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

Hi Michaela

Like I said "the full package"

Sounds very much like you've found the spot that does it for you .

I always wondered what attracted so many people to go to the same place year in year out , I believe It's because they've found their spot too .

I 'm sure it's a "right time of life" thing .

You love the place it's obvious, and the only way to find out if you'll spoil your love of Parga is to go again .

{whats the point of loving a place and staying away}

Go on girl , book it !!!! spoil yourself not your passion for travel .

Kingston-upon-Hull...
9. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

You've hit the nail on the head Lekistyx "what's the point of loving a place and staying away" that really sums it up. Our minds are made up Parga here we come!

Thanks for helping out with that one!!

Hope you enjoy wherever you go.

Kind regards,

Michaela

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga, Epirus
reviews: 8
10. Re: Shall we or shan't we???

Hi again Michaela, it seems a long time since those first tentative enquiries about Parga and here you are looking at 2013.

I think bbparga nailed it - it sounds as though your real decision is the accommodation and Selebian's advice is helpful it that department. I stayed at the Irini Studios first week of the season four years ago and although we had a car we did walk into town enjoyed the fifteen minute stroll from that end.

At present the package holiday accommodation seems to be a bit of a mine field inasmuch as a lot of different prices are being quoted on different websites for the same holidays. I did a little checking earlier for a friend using holidayhypermarket.co.uk and the same holidays appear to be thrown up at different prices on different pages, However, one thing that appears to be clear is that some of the most popular "nearer to town" accommodation is getting snapped up eg Alfa Hotel, Utopia, Epavlis etc. I don't know whether you've had a look at holidayhypermarket but it lists a lot of holidays - I've pasted the URL for a June search which I conducted recently.

www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk/resultsv2…

This year the package versus independent seems to have swung back towards the indies after a year or so favouring packages and it may be worth looking into this; especially if you are hiring a car as you could fly into Corfu, Thessaloniki, Athens or even Patras and then take in some more of Greece on the journey to Parga. We've tried all these routes except for Patras although we’ve driven through Patras several times; each of these routes has it's pro's and con's but from Humberside and the north there are lots of flights into Corfu from Leeds Bradford, Manchester and East Midlands and this route is a "doddle". Combine this with a load of private accommodation in the town itself and it may make a lot of sense to consider the indie route - only a suggestion but you never know.

lekistyx,

We “returnees” can be a strange lot, we have discovered our special place and sometimes can be somewhat protective of it’s perception by others.

This "returning" phenomena is something which was strange to me until nineteen years ago; we were definitely "new place every holiday" people - too big a world and too many places to see but having visited Parga once, our son talked us into returning the following year; the rest, as they say, is history.

The use of a car makes it difficult to become bored as there is so much to see throughout Northern Greece – lots of these places are included on these forums but many aren’t and if you’re prepared to travel, your two or three weeks a year seems no time at all to “discover” a little known Greece. It took me some time to lose my “island hopping” mind-set and get used to the Greek mainland but once I started to appreciate the differences I didn’t really look back; although I return to Parga year on year I still visit other international destinations and understand that there is still a world to discover but coming to this part of Greece immediately recharges my batteries – it’s not everyone’s Valhalla but it seems to be mine, that is why I (and others) speak so passionately about it. I think we have the same feelings for Parga as you have for Lesvos and we too feel as though we belong.

<<Lesvos doesn't need tourists so you are treat differently , as a guest or as a friend they dont try to pander to tourist needs . I feel as if I belong when I'm there. >>

A good rule of thumb is "if it's a package destination, it's a tourist destination" and by default, reliant on the tourist industry. The island's GDP is high but a good chunk comes from tourism.

Get answers to your questions about Parga
Recent Conversations