We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens from Parga?

Which Parga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Athens from Parga?

Hello all, we will be staying in Parga at the end of May and need to visit Athens during our stay, what is the best way to get to Athens from Parga, is there a rail link or just bus?

thanks

Tony

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Athens from Parga?

The bus takes 7 hours, ask in the Parga bus KTEL. No train.

http://www.pargaweb.com/bus.asp

Parga, Greece
Destination Expert
for Parga, Epirus
reviews: 8
2. Re: Athens from Parga?

Hi Tony,

There are 3 buses daily from Parga to Athens 7.00, 13.00 and 20.00 at €30 (correct for 2006 but K.T.E.L's site has been inoperative for for some time). The minimum time is 7hours on the 7.00am and 8.00pm buses; I understand that the 1.00pm takes 8 hours.

You would'nt be in Athens on the 23rd would you, if so give the 'las' a shout from me.

Liverpool
3. Re: Athens from Parga?

Thanks for the information Retired Hippy and ConnySir, you assume correctly we will be visiting Athens on the 23 May I will give a shout for you!

thanks.

Tony

GREECE
4. Re: Athens from Parga?

tony, bus is an alternative leaves daily from parga to athens 07:00, 13:00 and 17:00. also from preveza their are flights to athens visit www.olympicairlines.com.

Essex
5. Re: Athens from Parga?

Tony,

we were told last week by a regular traveller to Athens from Parga that the bus trip although long is a real experience.

We're thinking of flying into/out of Athens then bussing to/from Parga for our next holiday so would love to hear if you do it and what is was like. .

Liverpool
6. Re: Athens from Parga?

Well it looks like its the bus then, thanks everyone.

Greyhound_Lady, I promise I will post back when we return and let you know what the bus journy was like.

Tony

7. Re: Athens from Parga?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Parga