We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Symi to Bozburun return

Which Symi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lymington, United...
Symi to Bozburun return

Symi to Bozburun ...is there a local ferry please in May 2013?

Thanks

ann

Bristol UK
Destination Expert
for Symi
reviews: 7
1. Re: Symi to Bozburun return

This was attempted as a weekly day trip in 2011 but, unfortunately, there was a little disagreement with the Bozburun port authorities and it has not taken place since. The Datça market trip on Saturdays was still going strong last year, usually on the Poseidon. I THINK this is limited to day visitors only from Symi but will attempt to find out for you.

Loughborough...
reviews: 20
2. Re: Symi to Bozburun return

By October 2012 all services between Symi and Turkey had ceased. This was due to new safety regulations for international routes which meant that the Symi Island based boats either required very expensive modifications or were limited to 12 passengers. Neither were economic. It is possible to privately charter a smaller boat which is designed to hold 12, I understand, but the comments I heard were that you actually needed to fill the boat to make it affordable.

Definitely no ferry service unless someone starts one from the Turkish side.

3. Re: Symi to Bozburun return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Symi