We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taverna with the best view

Which Rhodes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 27
Taverna with the best view

I have the opportunity of one night in Lindos without my 3 year old (thanks to grandparents babysitting) and would like a special taverna for my wife and me.

Looking for a great roof top view with the most traditional Greek especially seafood.

No budget so what's people's favourites and suggestions please.

Also where do people go for drinks after meal.

Thanks

Tony

Wirral
reviews: 3
11. Re: Taverna with the best view

Hey

Possibly, who knows? The bar has been around for a long long time and has stood the test of time, so it must be doing something right. In my humble opinion it has got it just right, daytime drinks, snacks such as breakfasts, omelettes, pasta dishes n sweets and pre dinner cocktails with an amazing view. They have the passing Pallas beach trade not forgetting boat daytrippers. I think it is a winning formula in a great location. It may have its own website if you google it.

M

Jarrow
reviews: 51
12. Re: Taverna with the best view

It has Mart, thanks

http://www.rainbirdbar.com/index.php

oldbury, west...
reviews: 121
13. Re: Taverna with the best view

I love Rainbird bar for it's lovely views and a pre dinner drink but hubby doesn't like all of the greenery as he gets bitten to death. I got a bit confused for a couple of posts. Was thinking of Rod Jane and Freddy (Rainbow) lol. Wasn't Rainbird named after some man from England who used to own it as his villa?

D

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
reviews: 81
14. Re: Taverna with the best view

I don't think it was an English owner Denise but definitely European, the couple are mentioned in 'This Way To Paradise'.

Anyway back on track, I don't always think best restaurant and view always go hand in hand. My favourites for views are Agostinos and Med East but for something a bit more intimate with great food (though not views) maybe Ambrosia or Broccolino. Broccolino is next to Rainbird so you can check it out if you do go for pre dinner drinks. As for bars, take your pick but definitely seek out Captains House for a chilled, after dinner drink.

15. Re: Taverna with the best view

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 31, 2014