We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty Free

Which Rhodes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grantham, United...
reviews: 2
Duty Free

Can you buy duty free on landing at Rhodes airport, been many years since I was there. Any guides on prices eg rolling tobacco, 200 cigs, perfumes, spirits?

Appreciate any information.

John

Rhodes, Greece
1. Re: Duty Free

There isn't much at the airport and it's not 'duty free', if you're buying anything after arriving then it's just at Greek prices, but there's no real need as every resort has countless shops selling tobacco, cigarettes, spirits etc. All the tobacco and fags are the exact same price wherever you buy them as the prices are set by the government and all packs come labelled as such.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
2. Re: Duty Free

HB, I remember being in Rhodes Town/Ialyssos etc a few years ago and some spirits were very cheap. I thought it was because of a special Dodecanese duty-free status. Has that all stopped now? No more Greek Tequila?? I know in other parts of Greece everything except Ouzo is v.v. expensive.

Rhodes, Greece
3. Re: Duty Free

Asked my boss about this earlier and he sort of shrugged and said "prices are prices, is same here as athina", so make of that what you will, I know how much tax we pay on everything we order from the drinks people and it appears to be exactly the same as they pay in Zante where my mate works, and I know fags are the exact same price all over the country. No idea beyond that but I know spirits can be had so cheap in Tesco etc in the UK that nowhere else seems a good deal anymore!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
reviews: 61
4. Re: Duty Free

Cheers for that HB

UK/Rhodes
5. Re: Duty Free

Hi,

There is no Duty Free available once you land at Rhodes. The only outlet is in the Departures lounge. That said, even if there were if you come from within the EU Duty Free no longer exists.

As the other poster mentioned, cigarette prices are set by the Government. The only price variation is from brand to brand. Many visitors stock up on brands like 'Leaders' etc as they are cheaper to buy and seem to do the trick.

Grantham, United...
6. Re: Duty Free

Thanks for the advice folks.

John

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
reviews: 9
7. Re: Duty Free

Hi,

Asked a friend in Lardos to find out prices of cigs and baccy this week. B&H Silver €4 and Golden Virginia €4 for 25gms. Apparently the prices are due to increase soon but she did not know by how much. As has been said baccy prices same everywhere including the airport. The airport shop does sometimes do deals on spirits but apart from Ouzo and some Greek brandy there's not much to be saved over UK prices.

Cheers

Davw

Grantham, United...
8. Re: Duty Free

Davw

Thanks, much appreciated

John

Burnley
reviews: 5
9. Re: Duty Free

Hi,

can I just confirm that there is nowhere to buy cigarettes on arrival at Rhodes airport?

I was planning on doing this myself as we are heading straight to the port for the ferry toTilos. I smoke menthol cigarettes and am unsure if I'll be able to get them on the smaller islands. Not bothered for 'duty free' - just a shop will do!

Thanks

Manchester, United...
10. Re: Duty Free

Since Rhodes is part of the EU there are no Duty Free Arrival Shops. It is better just to buy anything in Rhodes as it is cheaper than the UK.