We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of eating out in Patmos?

Which Patmos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bath, United Kingdom
Cost of eating out in Patmos?

My boyfriend and I have just booked a 10 day holiday in Patmos in mid June. We're staying in a hotel rather than in self-catering accomodation, so we will be eating out every night - yum!

I've heard about a few good tavernas in various parts of the island - we're in Grikos but are more than happy to walk/bus/taxi to get to good restaurants. I was just wondering how much we can expect to pay for an average evening meal for 2 on the island? We don't drink much, just the occasional glass of wine with a meal. We have breakfast included at the hotel so the plan is to eat lots in the morning and avoid having to buy lunch! Just a rough idea would be helpful so we know how many Euros to take - food will be almost our only expense.

Thank you,

Hannah

3 replies to this topic
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: Cost of eating out in Patmos?

Hi hembaker: It's going on 4 years since our visit to Patmos, but our experience will nevertheless give you a reasonable idea of what restaurant costs could be during your holiday. We stayed at Grikos and ate all of our dinner meals at restaurants there ... those are described in my travel blog post at this link: mygreecetravelblog.com/2012/…

The post doesn't mention prices, but I can tell you that our meals at Flisvos cost €22.50 and €24.50 respectively, while dinner at Stamatis cost €32 and our meal at Ktima Petra cost €32.30. The only meal at which we ordered wine was the one at Stamatis.

Our hotel room had amazing views so we bought wine at a supermarket in Skala and drank that on our balcony before going out to dinner. Hearty breakfasts at the hotel usually got us through the day, but we would take an afternoon coffee or beer break while hiking around, and we would get an ice cream treat. Total cost for our afternoon beverages & snacks was always under €10.

Though four years have passed, prices shouldn't be much higher now -- if our experience with meal prices on other islands is any indication.

Hopefully others who have dined at Patmos more recently will see your post and add their own information about restaurants, especially if they tried tavernas in places other than Grikos.

Bath, United Kingdom
2. Re: Cost of eating out in Patmos?

Thanks donnyb, that's all helpful info and after reading your blog I'm dying to try those chickpeas too! Fingers crossed they're still on the menu. I haven't been to the Greek Islands since I was a child and I've heard that they can be very expensive, but the prices you mentioned sound very reasonable indeed! The shop-bought wine to enjoy at the hotel sounds like a good idea, too :-)

Thanks again for your reply.

Ottawa
reviews: 32
3. Re: Cost of eating out in Patmos?

Sorry I can't help with current costs in Patmos since we were there about 5 years ago, but I have to say that I STILL think about Flisvos taverna and their chick pea dish. Since the owners also rent studios in Grikos, there's a really good chance they will still be there, and the chick peas are their speciality. We loved Grikos and I'm sure you will too! Have a wonderful time... you've picked a great island.

Karen

Reply to: Cost of eating out in Patmos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted