We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places to stay in Kos?

Which Kos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canvey Island, Essex
reviews: 1
Best places to stay in Kos?

I am looking to visit Kos in September this year, can anyone advise where is the best place to stay? We have looked at a hotel in Karmedena (Mitis Summer Palace) as we both want all-inc and some luxury.

I have read some reviews that state the hotel is lovely, but the place is very hard to travel from to reach the sites. I am not a huge traveller on coaches or buses, so would like to know whether its expensive to travel by taxi?

If anyone can recommend a hotel to stay at, which means the same specification as the one we have been advised to go too, these would be much appreciated.

We've seen some great places to visit and the weather in September still is warm and sunny, which is good news.

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
1. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

Hi there

This hotel is actually located about 7 kilometers north of Kardamena on a road that leads to nowhere. So, to get anywhere, you'd first need to travel into the resort centre. The hotel website states that there's a bus stop outside but I have no idea how often they run into Kardamena. A taxi into the resort would be at least €10-12 one way which would mount up over a week or two.

Although I have no idea as to where similar hotels would be located on Kos, to get around you really need to be either in or close to Kos Town, or in one of the resorts along the west coast, like Tigaki, Mastihari and Marmari

Canvey Island, Essex
2. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

Can anyone recommend a good 4 or 5* hotel in Tigaki?

Devizes, United...
reviews: 309
3. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

My pleasure, don't mention it.......

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
reviews: 27
4. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

It's still always worth it GB. :-0

Kos
reviews: 141
5. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

The bus from summer palace to the centre of kardmena departs 10 times a day, plus the hotel should have their own free bus which would go about 3 times a day....a taxi would be 10 euros, but if you book any excursions to Turkey or 3 island etc the coach will pick you up at your Hotel and take you back to your Hotel. The Travel Agents in town also have coaches to Kos Town for the day and down to Paradise Beach/bubble beach for the day and you will be picked up at your hotel. The boats that go to Nisyros, the volcanic island, depart from Kardamena, so you can catch the 1st bus from summer at 9am to the village and get the 9.30 boat to Nisyros...so if you really like the Summer Palace, then dont be put off by thinking you are too fare away from everything...

kos
Destination Expert
for Kos
reviews: 6
6. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

the choice is yours summer palace or another hotel

yes all the complex summer palace,norida beach and mitsis blue domes are all in the same complex to the east of kardamena i cant tell u if its good or not as i live in kos town and know better the hotels at this end of the island

look and decide which is best for you and your partner

if its the 2 of you then look for a "couples only" hotel which is the oceanis hotel just about 2-3 miles outside kos town

its 4 star + i think its been refurbished just 2 years ago

look around and decide according to your needs and of course according to your pocket

whereever you decide to stay

all the best and enjoy your stay on kos

eddieteddy

Canvey Island, Essex
7. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

Eddieteddy thanks for this, we saw a travel agent briefly over the weekend, who advised us that although karmadena is lovely, it is off the main stretch for trips etc and that we need to be closer to kos town, any advice on the mitis ramira beach would be greatly appreciated

Canvey Island, Essex
8. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

Thanks everyone, it appears that speaking to most people I know who have been here, it looks like you really do need to be close to Kos Town in order to maximise your time, especially as we are only going to be there a week. Everyones imput has been most welcome. Thanks

london
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
reviews: 10
9. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

We always stay at the Zorbas beach hotel. It's roughly 1km outside of Tigaki itself, on the coastal road towards Kos Town. The beach itself is just accross the road, which BTW is a quiet road! But this strip of beach is narrow, it widens out as you head towards Tigaki.

It's a Greek 4* which probably equates to a UK 3* but we love it.

Manchester
reviews: 20
10. Re: Best places to stay in Kos?

We stayed at the Ramira Beach in Psalidi, just outside Kos Town. It's part of the Mitsis chain too. A really lovely all inclusive. Check out the reviews on here.

You can hire cycles and go into Kos Town in 15 mins and it's easy to get to by bus or taxi.