We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night-Kos Aktis Art or Alexandra Hotel

Which Kos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
reviews: 1
One Night-Kos Aktis Art or Alexandra Hotel

If you were only staying one night and wanted to be in town, which would you choose; Kos Aktis Art or Alexandra Hotel? Want nice rooms in decent place. Thanks.

Cairo
reviews: 7
1. Re: One Night-Kos Aktis Art or Alexandra Hotel

Hi, Although I haven't stayed at either hotels, but if I had to choose from the two I would go for the Aktis Art for two reasons: all rooms are sea view (in fact the sea in right under your balcony), the new retro art-deco is very refreshing and a pleasant change, and the proximity to the main port and the hydrofoil landing, if you are leaving Kos by sea is a definite plus in that you don't have to rely on taxis. The Aktis Art Hotel was rennovated in 2006. As you are only staying the one night, you have Plantanos and the Tree of Hippocrates, the Crusader's Castle and the harbour a mere stone's throw away.

The Alexandra Hotel is a nice 4* hotel. I passby nearly everyday when in Kos but is more of a business style hotel. It is in a quiet location and just a few yards from the Old Town.

I hope this is of some help.

Happy Hols.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
2. Re: One Night-Kos Aktis Art or Alexandra Hotel

I have stayed in Alexandra and found it excellent. I got a nice room with a sea view over the harbour area. Everything is within easy walking distance.

Aktis Art looks fine. but it is located next to one of the most used main roads in town with heavy traffic.

3. Re: One Night-Kos Aktis Art or Alexandra Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, September 30, 2009