We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sifnos in May

Which Sifnos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
reviews: 15
Sifnos in May

Hi posters,

Just wanted to check if May is a good time to visit Sifnos, will everything be open? We're a young couple who don't need a nightclub scene but would like some sort of atmosphere in the evening. I'm big into my food and am looking forward to sampling the delights of Sifnos cuisine.

Also, I'm torn between Kamares and Vathi, any suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Sifnos in May

I have been to Sifnos several times, and basically while everything will have opened it will be pretty quiet, I go in mid June and Kamares is quiet then, so you won't get much evening atmosphere in May. Over the Greek holiday weekend at the end of May I suspect things will spring into life for a couple of days, the island is popular with Greeks.

I always stay in Kamares the basic reasons are, it's convenient for the ferry and there's a decent beach. It is larger than Vathy which is just a beach place with a couple of tavernas and rooms for rent. All the beach places are very small.

The other place you might consider is Apollonia/Artemona the inland capital.

Sifnos cuisine - pass.

sifnos
2. Re: Sifnos in May

hello from sifnos

www.lodge-narlis.gr

look this place!!! its paradise!!!.

3. Re: Sifnos in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos