We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oia or imerovigli

Which Santorini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kingston-upon-Hull...
reviews: 7
Oia or imerovigli

My wife and I are Planning to spend 2 nights in santorini

We are taking the ferry from Crete

Have looked at pezoules in oia and the new hotel angels and stars in imerovigli

Both look amazing but finding it difficult to decide where to stay

Would appreciate any recommendations please

Thanks in advance

6 replies to this topic
Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
1. Re: Oia or imerovigli

Imerovigli is the quietest clifftop village with the best overall sunset/caldera views but there are very few shops and restaurants there. Oia is the most beautiful village with lots of shops, galleries, restaurants and cafes. It's also very popular with the cruise ship excursion companies as well as sunset watchers so there will be lots of people coming and going.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
2. Re: Oia or imerovigli

Both good and bad points for them

More confused now

Have you heard of the 2 hotels I mentioned above

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
3. Re: Oia or imerovigli

I've heard of them but don't know them. Angels and Stars has only 1 review under the new management and has been refurbished.

Pezoules has many positive reviews here on TA.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g482941-d356294…

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
reviews: 10
4. Re: Oia or imerovigli

I don't know either hotel.

It might depend on what your plans are whilst you're on Santorini.

If you just want to relax and enjoy your hotel, then Imerovigli may be the choice as its more isolated. A hire car would be an asset here - especially if your chosen hotel is more remote.

However, if you want to explore the island a little, then Oia would make it more straightforward. Although, if relying on public transport and you want to view the southern part of Santorini, you'll need to change buses in Fira as its the transportation hub.

Edited: 4:24 pm, May 06, 2014
Kingston-upon-Hull...
5. Re: Oia or imerovigli

thanks .

think its gonna be oia , only there for 2 days so will make the most of it by exploring the island

Tokyo, Japan
reviews: 49
6. Re: Oia or imerovigli

We stayed in Pezoules in May this year. It was amazing. The owners/staff were fantastic, rooms were tastefully decorated with high quality furniture, good breakfast and beautiful, totally unobstructed view of the Caldera. The only thing which might be a negative is that you need to climb down about 100 steps to reach the entrance of the hotel. It was not a problem for us as we took it as our daily exercise.

Reply to: Oia or imerovigli
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted