We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini from Scotland + in October

Which Santorini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 5
Santorini from Scotland + in October

Hi all.

A two-part question....

Firstly, I would like to visit Santorini, but I am having trouble finding a company that flies directly from Scotland to Santorini. Does anyone know of any carriers or package holiday companies that fly from Scotland.

Secondly, if I were to come due to work commitments it would be the end of October. Is everything still open to tourists then?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
1. Re: Santorini from Scotland + in October

Ryanair and Easyjet have some cheap flights from Scotland into England, and from there you can fly easyjet to Athens and take the ferry or fly to Santorini on Aegean or Olympic Airlines. You can also fly from London to Venice or Bari in Italy and take a ferry into Greece and a bus to Athens. Charter flights are also scheduled to fly from London to Santorini, but I don't know about a charter or package holiday in October since it's after the tourist season. Many businesses will be closing in October, so by the end of the month it will be very quiet.

UK
reviews: 5
2. Re: Santorini from Scotland + in October

Thanks for the info brotherleelove! Maybe I should hold off til I can get something in the summertime 2007 rather than trying to cram it in before my hols finish this year.

Gateshead...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Santorini from Scotland + in October

If you could get to Newcastle and fly from there to Santorini,Kosmar do holidays to Kamari and Perrisa and other resorts on the island.I have been to Santorini a few years ago it is not a big island .By my Kosmar brochure it seems to be mid october the last flight out but you could check.It is a bit disappointing when you would like to go to a certain island and your local airport does not go from there i just live 15 mins away from Newcastle airport so no way would i fly from anywhere else.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 84
4. Re: Santorini from Scotland + in October

Hi - no need to book through an agent, just get down to Newcastle where XL Air fly from each Tueaday. www.xl.com you sould get a flight in October for £150-£170 pp. there are loads of hotels online and check here for recomendations. I'd been putting off the trip for ages till I found out about XL flights - as I'd wanted to fly direct from Edinburgh, but Newcastle airport was fine. Enjoy your holiday!

5. Re: Santorini from Scotland + in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 14, 2009