We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini in half a day

Which Santorini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
delhi
reviews: 16
Santorini in half a day

Hi All,

Ideas / suggestions invited on how best an afternoon & evening can be utilised in Santorini. what would be the must-sees, must-dos. You may also include choices for some affordable places for dining.

Thankyou!!

Cottage Grove...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
1. Re: Santorini in half a day

There are 499 pages of opinions here on TA: http://tinyurl.com/bybm53m

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 13
2. Re: Santorini in half a day

Only half a day?!? That's not nearly enough. You much be visiting on a cruise? Which half of the day will you be there? If it's the first half, I recommend the volcano tour - if you like adventurous stuff. At the beginning you walk around on rough terrain of the volcano and at the end you go swimming near a hot spring. If you're looking at the second half of the day I recommend Santo Winery for sunset. It's a beautiful spot with a beautiful view and not too much of a crowd.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
reviews: 10
3. Re: Santorini in half a day

If you're already on a cruise, then there's really no reason to get back on the water for the volcano cruise. Its just walking up stone-covered path and you won't see any lava. The only good bit is the views from the volcano, but you'll get those arriving in the caldera on the boat anyway.

A waste of a half-day on Santorini I would say.

delhi
4. Re: Santorini in half a day

Yes, its a cruise & we have 2nd half of the day at Santorini. I know half day is not much at all ... but then, ur suggestion of Santo Winery seems something special.

I checked their official website. Doesnt mention any entry-fee for the winery/ wine tasting. Any idea if there is an entry fee? How much?

Thanks for the responses :-)

Gold Coast...
reviews: 106
5. Re: Santorini in half a day

Of course everyone has their own opinions as to how the time would best be spent but I wouldn't bother with the volcano tour either.

If you have the time you could visit Oia for a couple of hours and afterwards go to Santo winery - it is a lovely location to relax and enjoy the views (and sunset) . You pay for the tastings. There are a few different options but from memory the most popular is around EU13 which includes 5 wines plus vin santo and a small snack of olives, crackers etc. I find a couple of those included a bit "rough" so maybe its worth just choosing a wine you like to drink ... and pay by the glass or bottle.

Also nearby is Pyrgos village which is a gem to explore and its rarely crowded. Kallisti taverna in Pyrgos offers good food at reasonable prices.

There are so many other options though as brotherleelove has provided you.

delhi
6. Re: Santorini in half a day

That helps ... thanx Nessie27

7. Re: Santorini in half a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 04, 2014