We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

Which Santorini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cherry Hill, NJ
reviews: 8
Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

You guys have all been great on my first trip to Greece this June. I now have hotels booked in Athens(Hilton), Mykonos(Cavo Tagoo) and Santorini(Santorini Princess). I also have my flights from Athens to Mykonos via Aegean Air and Santorini to Athens via Aegean Air. Here is the problem, I think I would like to take a ferry from Mykonos to Santorini. How long does it take, and how do you find the route,do I need to buy ferry tickets now like Airplane, cause I am on a tight schedule, and is this the best way to go? All your suggestions will be helpful, you guys haven't let me down yet, and have booked everything according to your suggestions and not travel books.

Thanks,

San Francisco
1. Re: Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

did you ever find anythign - we are trying to do the same thing in October 2006. Our travel agent is telling us that we have to fly from Santorinit to Athens and then Athens to Mykonos... true?

Cherry Hill, NJ
reviews: 8
2. Re: Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

We never got a reply but we are flying from Athens to Mykonos, then taking a ferry(timetable comes out closer to time we are leaving and can buy ferry tickets in Mykonos) to Santorini. Then we are flying from Santorini back to Athens. We got really inexpensive tickets on Aegean Air, I think around 19 euros. Olympic Air also travels between Athens and Santorini and Mykonos, but don't have as many flights as Aegean Air. Hopefully this helps

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
3. Re: Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

Our transfer from Mykonos to Santorini last June on the Hellenic Seaways Flyingcat 4 highspeed ferry took approximately three hours. It stopped briefly at Paros and Naxos along the way.

Best part of the trip was the final 10 minutes as the catamaran swept alongside Santorini, approaching the ferry port. It's quite the sight to see the caldera, with the the whitewashed buildings of Oia, Imerovigli and Fira perched on the clifftop hundreds of feet above the sea.

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
4. Re: Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

europehoneymoon: This has been answered many times, your travel agent is wrong you can take a ferry from Santorini-Naxos or Paros or possibly Syros, then a ferry to Mykonos. There is a direct ferry in the hi-season.

Travel/ferry ticket agents are not always the agents for all boats or services, therefore ask in several to get the full picture, some may even deny the existance of some ferries just because they are not the agents.

Athens - Greece
5. Re: Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

Retired_Hippy is right. Before seeking for more answers use the search function you should be able to find a lot of useful information.

silicon valley
6. Re: Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

Hi

can you please tell me where I can get reliable ferry information between Mykonos and Santorini. I am trying to avoid flying because it seems like I will have to connect at Athens.

Regards

Porto, Portugal
reviews: 1
7. Re: Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

Hi!

If you want to go from Mykonos to Santorini, the best way is going by hight speed ferry ( more or less 3 hours - 28 €). It´s cheap and fast and you´ll have a small stop at paros, only to pick some more people.

You can buy this tickets by internet and then pick them in a ferry office at Mykonos. I advice you hellenic seawys (Flying cat ferry), but you can find some more:

www.hellenicseaways.gr/index.asp?a_id=209

24hours.forth-crs.gr/english/npgres.exe?PM=BB

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Paula

8. Re: Travel To Santorini from Mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 12, 2009