We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonas or Naxos???

Which Santorini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moira N. Ireland
reviews: 5
Mykonas or Naxos???

I am planning a holiday with my wife (both in our 50s) to Greece for two weeks in June. I am thinking of staying 4 days in Athens; 5 days in Santorini and 5 days in one other island. The problem is I can't decide which other island to visit. What should influence me? We are not beach folk!! Thanks

fl
1. Re: Mykonas or Naxos???

oooo fun!

I would end the trip on Santorini. Thats just my opinion, but you will never find a more beautiful, relaxing place on earth. We ended our 30+ day trip with 6 days on Santorini... and just flying back to athens for our flight home was rough :( we didnt want to leave.

Mykonos is a wild island. Mykonos town is fun and theres great shopping there - but its more of a party island beach scene (like paradise beach and stuff)

We spent time on Naxos and it was nice and definitely nowhere near as wild as Mykonos. We took bus tours of the country side and the mountains/hills are incredible. Naxos has a lot of restaurants by the port.

I dont know if this helps any, but i would highly recommend ending your trip on Santorini.

Athens, Greece
reviews: 50
2. Re: Mykonas or Naxos???

Naxos would be better for you than myconos....myconos is for people under 30...better for sinlges and for people wanting nightlife,party and cosmopolitan...

Naxos is much better for couples,romance and relaxingvacations; )both islands have great beaches

Thessaloniki, Greece
reviews: 90
3. Re: Mykonas or Naxos???

Naxos. Much more authentic than the theme park called Mykonos.

North Berwick...
reviews: 1
4. Re: Mykonas or Naxos???

A few days on Naxos would be a great way to end your holiday. The pace of life is much slower, more relaxed than either Santorini or Mykonos. And the beaches are fabulous! If you rent a car, you could have a wonderful time exploring the tradtional inland villages and relaxing on some of the great beaches to the south of the island.

fl
5. Re: Mykonas or Naxos???

Yea this is true. There's the Citron distillery which is neat, the little towns in the mountains, and the Drossiani church to visit.

We both said to end your trip in different locales... Naxos is more slowly paced, but it depends what youre on the trip for. Santorini is picturesque and romantic... and epic in my opinion.

Moira N. Ireland
reviews: 5
6. Re: Mykonas or Naxos???

Thank you so much guys. Whilst there are different views about the running order there is a consensus that it should be Naxos.