We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Which Paros hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 1
How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Hi I am trying to get from Athens to Paros on Sept 9 2012.

From what I have found there is only 1 ferry from Rafina port at 725am.

We are travelling from Rome by plane on that day and won't be able to make that ferry.

Does anyone know if there will be other ferry's operating throughout the day or is it only 1 ferry per day to Paros?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
reviews: 41
1. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Hi Stephanie,

and welcome to the forum.

You are far too early for finding any schedules for ferries in September. Routes will be published appr. 2 months ahead.

Paros has many ferries daily - most leaving from Piraeus. The main line - Piraeus - Paros - Naxos - Santorini is twice daily all year around, while there will also be others as Paros is a hub for many of the Cycladic ferries.

Melbourne
reviews: 1
2. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Thanks for the info!

Is it fairly easy to get tickets at the port in September? Or should we pre book them online closer to the date?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
3. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

You can buy your tickets at the port. Amphitrion Holidays has a ticket booth outside Arrivals at Athens Airport if you wish to buy them there. You will be travelling out to Paros on a Sunday when most passengers will be going the other way, so no need to prebook. :o)

Birmingham, United...
reviews: 16
4. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Hi,

Most ferries go from Piraeus, likely timings will be 2 at 07:30, 1 at 17:30. Something like that. You can buy your tickets on the spot in Piraeus, no problem by that time of year.

Virtually no ferry schedules are out for September but it is rather similar every year. Piraeus > Paros is a year round daily ferry route so no worries.

Staines, United...
reviews: 12
5. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Hello Stephanie,

My wife and I are doing the Athens-Paros trip in September (5th) as we have for the last couple of years at the same time. As the others have said, the schedules have not yet been released but there is always one early morning and another at about 17:30 on a daily basis and, on some days, at 15:30 (the Diagoras) that stops at Paros en-route to Crete. At that time of year there is no problem getting tickets at the port (Piraeus).

Cheers,

Ralph

Warsaw, Poland
Destination Expert
for Warsaw
6. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Diagoras does not stop at Paros, the only stop it makes in the Cyclades is Santorini (Wed - Fri between end of May and end of October 2011)

Edited: 2:45 am, January 31, 2012
Staines, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Well, the Diagoras certainly stopped at Paros in September 2010 as my wife and I were on it and did not have to swim to shore! We also saw it arrive and depart in September 2011 - we watched it from the beach next to the sailing club.

Cheers,

Ralph

Hants UK
reviews: 40
8. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

You can see what sailings there were made in the past at www.openseas.gr - look at the equivalent Sunday in September 2011 and see how many went that day.

Whilst there is no guarantee that the timings/boats will be the same in 2012, it does give a very good indication on the numbers of boats.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
9. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Jetnoise wrote: "Well, the Diagoras certainly stopped at Paros in September 2010 as my wife and I were on it and did not have to swim to shore! "

Indeed you didn't have to swim! In 2010 Diagoras stopped at Paros and Naxos on Mondays and Wednesdays en route to the Dodecanese. Now it goes straight on to the Dodecanese with no stops in the Cyclades, so Ozzlem is correct.

Essex
10. Re: How often do ferries leave from Athens to Paros in September

Last September the Diagoras did stop at Naxos and Paros on the way back from Rhodes on Sundays between late July and early September, so that explains how Jetnoise saw it, but it hasn't stopped at Paros on any of its outward journeys from Piraeus since last April so I'd guess it's unlikely to do so this September.

Edited: 4:45 am, February 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Paros