We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which village and which accommodation?

Which Paros hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hartlepool, United...
reviews: 13
Which village and which accommodation?

Hi there,

We are thinking of visit Paros for a week beginning 26th April before going to Santorini for another week. As we have never visited Paros, can anyone recommend which village to stay in (was considering Naoussa) and which accommodation anyone would recommend. We will look at any accommodation options and budget is no problem.

Many thanks.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
reviews: 85
1. Re: Which village and which accommodation?

Depends on what you are looking for. How are we suppose to answer this question?

Give us some pointers on your requirements/needs/likes/dislikes and so on, and you may get some repplies accordingly.

Hartlepool, United...
2. Re: Which village and which accommodation?

I said we would look at any accommodation options and no problem with budget. To narrow it down, a private balcony with sea view would be nice, no particular needs, likes or dislikes really. Good clean accommodation and not bothered about a pool as it will be too cold at end of April. Just open to suggestions. We like to maybe have a meal in a taverna at night. Not bothered about clubs etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Washingon DC area
reviews: 3
3. Re: Which village and which accommodation?

I spent 4 nights in early Sept in Naoussa at Hara's Studios, and was very happy with the place. Quite a few steps up to the third floor apt, but well worth it for the view. Nothing luxurious, but very clean and comfortable...about a 5-10 minute walk down to the harbor.

http://www.hara-paros.com/views/index.html

Yorkshire UK
reviews: 18
4. Re: Which village and which accommodation?

I would recommend Naoussa and Scorpio studios and apartments

http://www.scorpio-paros.com/

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
reviews: 85
5. Re: Which village and which accommodation?

Easter is on the 24rth April this year. First few days of your stay may feel a bit busy, but in general I think Paros will be very quiet, although most of the hotels/restaurants that opened for Easter will remain open for good. You don't mentioned how quiet or not you want to be, but I believe that outside Naoussa and Parikia, most other towns/villages/resorts will be far too deserted for an averrage visitor. I haven't completely understand if you want to spend most time inside your hotel or explore around during day, and if around includes only the near-by town or the island in general. As it would be so early in theseason, if you want to be active exploring during day, I suggest Parikia, as there are slightly more things to see and do there than Naoussa, and it is the bus hub of the island too. Naoussa is very picturesque but not so many things to see and do.

I am not so familiar with Parikia accomondation. If you decide you want to stick with Naoussa and you want a somehow more upclass stay, I suggest a look at Kanale's but only on a superior room, junior suite or their pen house suite. I would try to get one of their sea view junior suites, that have great views on the sea and large patios rather than balconies outisde. (suites 421 or 422) . There is a small bar/restaurant on site, just be aware there are many steps involved, as complex is built on different levels. Naoussa port is an easy 5 walk away, and Piperi beach is a 3 minutes walk away. Other upclass option is hotel Senia, a bit uphill, with very good views to the sea, located next to police station. They have some nice suites too. If you plan to hire a car and been in walking distance from town center is not a priority, I suggest St Andrea Resort hands down though.

If you are fine with more basic accomondation, I agree Scorpios studios get good comments. In the same location approximately with Hara studios mentioned before, there are Christina's rooms too. Two other options to concider in the same area to Kanale's, half way between basic and luxurious is Paliomylos and Alexandros. If you decide to go on the other side of Naoussa, near Agioi Anargyroi beach, good options are Kontaratos and Lillys Residence.

Hartlepool, United...
6. Re: Which village and which accommodation?

Thanks Mariha

Thanks for the good advice. We would like to explore when we are there (or at least I would, not sure about my husband). Steps no problem as we are used to all the steps in Santorini.

I will look at some of your accommodation suggestions, many thanks.

Debbie

7. Re: Which village and which accommodation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 11, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Paros