We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

Which Paros hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Malvern...
reviews: 1
Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

Considering a catamaran charter in September, 7-day itinerary. Found Archipel Club charters out of Paros. They seem like a great option - wondering if anyone has any experience with them - haven't been able to find much other than a favorable review done two years ago in Sailing Today magazine.

We're looking for a 7-day itinerary, 9-10 people total and hope to stop in Santorini. An "active" itinerary where we help the captain would be okay - though none of us have sailing experience.

Thanks for your help.

14 replies to this topic
lucerne
reviews: 12
1. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

If you're still thinking of going with Archipel Club, hesitate no longer! We're just back from a week with them in the Cyclades and it was great - terrific sailing on the catamaran, good accommodation below, plenty of swimming in clear blue water, easy to get in and out of the water, convivial evenings. They're a terrific little organisation, attention to detail, and a lot of fun. Boss Giorgios or skipper Eric (who's French) are both good guys. Really good value for money. And if you need to stop over on Paros before or after, try the Pension Sofia.

Heidelberg, Germany
reviews: 3
2. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

My boy friend and myself used archipel club services in spring 2009. Quite frankly we were a bit anxious about how things would work out onboard as it was our first sailing trip experience. Everything worked out fine with the other guests, the captain did a good job, the cabins provided lots of privacy. All in all we had a great vacation apart from the sea water temperature which was a little on the cool side at that time of year.

Stockton, CA
reviews: 12
3. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

Have you had any luck contacting Archipel Club? I've sent several messages with no responses. Thanks!

Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 6
4. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

Hi! We chartered a yacht at archipel club 3 years ago, always communicated by email. it worked seamless. Just like the cruise.

Denver, Colorado
reviews: 10
5. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

My finance' and I just returned from a 7 day sailing trip (Paros - Santorini - Paros) with Archipel. WHAT A GREAT TRIP!! The owner George (great guy) was in Paros to see us off. Capt Eric was an excellent captain. He made sure that everything was done properly and safely while making sure everyone was happy with the day's itinerary. The boat itself (Pahi 53') was great for the trip. The sleeping cabins are HUGE (for boat standards). Lots of deck space to spread out so you don't feel claustrophobic. I tried to do due diligence on the web from the USA and found the same sailing article and a review here or there. Just wanted to make sure that future inquirers know Archipel is legit and exceeded my expectations!

Boston...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

Just got back from a picture perfect one week Paros to Paros itinerary. The trip was well planned and adjusted to our abilities and weather. The boat (Oceanis 40 by Beneteau) is small but very functional. Skipper Georgios was professional, friendly and tactful, and provided excellent local guidance. Highly recommend.

Washington, DC
7. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

My fiance and I are considering renting a cabin on a catamaran charter with Archipel Club for our honeymoon! Any info, recommendations, or pictures would be much appreciated as we make this big decision! Thanks!

Cork
8. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

HI there,

Did you end up chartering a boat for your honeymoon with Archipel Club? We're thinking of doing the same and I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks

Niamh

London, United...
9. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

Hi Niamh. My fiance and I have chartered for 1 week an oceanis sailing boat with Archipel club last month. We had planned this trip months in advance, getting lots of information from that company. There was only us and the skipper, he's been so accomodating, professional and extremely discrete (it is obvious he's used to sailing with couples!). The boat was bigger than expected and perfect for the two of us. Greek islands are beautiful but visiting them on a sailing yacht, away from the crowds, is spectacular. We had plenty of swimming and loved the islands' food. I highly recommend this company to all couples looking for a genuine sailing experience yet romantic journey in Greece.

Note: I've been trying to post pictures of our trip but without success. i'll try again later.

Cork
10. Re: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)

Thanks for your response, I noticed that you responded in other forums in different languages so wondering whether this is legit...

Reply to: Archipel Club Catamaran Charter Greece (Paros)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paros