We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean, cheap hostels or hotels in Mykonos in good location

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
reviews: 21
Clean, cheap hostels or hotels in Mykonos in good location

Could anyone advise the best areas/districts to stay in Mykonos , any recommendations for CLEAN, budget hotels or hostels would be great.

Also beaches recommendations are very much welcomed.

Best Regards

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
1. Re: Clean, cheap hostels or hotels in Mykonos in good location

"Best" depends on your personal preferences. On Mykonos, you basically have a choice between staying in Mykonos Town or staying at a beach resort area. Do you want to stay at or close to a nice beach in a quiet area, or would you prefer an "urban" environment where you are walking distance from shops, restaurants, bars and clubs?

From Mykonos Town you can take buses to many of the popular beach areas. Bus rides are usually short (less than 15 minutes). Some beach areas, like Ornos, Agios Ioannis and Platis Gialos are short bus rides from Town but have a good selection of bars and restaurants, meaning you wouldn't have to go into Town every night for dinner if you didn't feel like it.

Budget accommodations on Mykonos range from camping (there are campgrounds with a variety of different accommodations at Paraga beach and Paradise beach) to rooms, pensions and studios. People who have rooms to let will greet passengers arriving by ferry. These generally are the most budget-friendly accommodations available. You can check the Mykonos Accommodation Center website for rates and information about many (but not all) properties on the island, including rooms and pensions: mykonos-accommodation.com/mykonos-accommodat…

There are dozens of beaches on the island. Do you want to know about party beaches, family beaches, gay beaches, nude beaches or beaches with water sports activities such as windsurfing and scuba diving?

As for cleanliness, I have never seen a dirty hotel anywhere in Greece.

Cairo, Egypt
2. Re: Clean, cheap hostels or hotels in Mykonos in good location

Thank u very much,my preference would be staying near the town, I don't mindd roomto let, and party beaches would be nice .

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
3. Re: Clean, cheap hostels or hotels in Mykonos in good location

The main party beach is Paradise, and you can get to that on one of the buses in less than 15 minutes. Another party beach is Super Paradise, which you can get to only if you have a car, take a taxi, or take a shuttle boat (there is shuttle boat service from Platis Gialos and Ornos). Paraga beach also has a good party scene in peak summer season, and that beach is just a short walk over the hill from Paradise. Elia draws a mixed gay & straight crowd but is another very popular beach.

If you arrive by ferry and speak to one of the people waiting at the port to offer rooms to let, make sure you ask them to show you on a map exactly where the room is located. You want to be sure you will be staying either right in Mykonos Town, or within a very short walk of town.

If you let me know what your budget is for accommodation (per night, in Euros), and what month you are travelling, I might be able to suggest some places for you to check out.

Cairo, Egypt
4. Re: Clean, cheap hostels or hotels in Mykonos in good location

Thank u very much that is really helpful. My budget is 100 euros per night for tripple room. And I'm travelling to mykonos 1st week in july

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
5. Re: Clean, cheap hostels or hotels in Mykonos in good location

Some places you could check into are: Drafaki Hotel; Damianos Hotel; La Veranda; Sourmeli Garden; Hotel Milena; Alexandros; Flora Pension.

A nice spot near the New Port at Tourlos is Makis Place. It's about a 20 to 25 minute walk into Mykonos Town (but there is bus service that runs past the hotel).

Cairo, Egypt
6. Re: Clean, cheap hostels or hotels in Mykonos in good location

Thank you so much !

7. Re: Clean, cheap hostels or hotels in Mykonos in good location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 27, 2014