We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cavo Tagoo on Mykonos - Good idea?

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 1
Cavo Tagoo on Mykonos - Good idea?

My partner and I are thinking of booking a few weeks at the (hopefully newly-renovated) Cavo Tagoo hotel on Mykonos in September this year. Can anyone let me know their experience of Cavo Tagoo, what the rooms, service etc were like, and whether you would recommend it?

Many thanks!!!!

Athens, Greece
reviews: 50
1. Re: Cavo Tagoo on Mykonos - Good idea?

why not???check their reviews...it is a really nice hotel

New York City
reviews: 6
2. Re: Cavo Tagoo on Mykonos - Good idea?

I have heard a lot of great things about Cavo tagoo. I only suspect that it will be new and improved after the renovations as well. I don't think you can go wrong!

San Francisco, Ca
reviews: 5
3. Re: Cavo Tagoo on Mykonos - Good idea?

I actually stayed there last September for five days and had one of the best experiences ever! The staff was exceptional. The location perfect, just oustide but walking distance to the hora. And, the views from the pool, rooms, and restaurant were amazing. The morning buffet was extraordinary, and dinner at night exceptional (if you're a foodie).

I have a friend that currently works there and told me that the hotel has been totally gutted and remodeled since last year. It's taken on a much more contemporary feel, versus the traditional Greek atmosphere. But, I can only imagine it's gotten better. I highly recommend it.

london
reviews: 45
4. Re: Cavo Tagoo on Mykonos - Good idea?

Just got back from Mykonos and the renovations at the Cavo Tagoo are still going on - over running!

We met two couples at the Kouros who had been booked into Cavo Tagoo and moved due to the works.

I guess it will all be over by September - even with Greek builders??

A word of warning. The old port car park - which is basically a landfill site - is expanding. For years the lorries tipped in dirt and the car park stayed about the same size - ending near the Harmony Hotel. I had not been in Mykonos since September 2004 - now the dirt car park expands to the Cavo Tagoo. Locals have different stories - a car park connecting the 2 ports, a park or a boat marina. So it remains a mystery.

5. Re: Cavo Tagoo on Mykonos - Good idea?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, August 15, 2009