We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petasos vs. Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cold location
reviews: 2
Petasos vs. Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

I'm deciding between the two. I have a Deluxe Seaview Twin Private Pool room at the Imperial and a Deluxe room at the Petasos. You'd advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Cold location
11. Re: Petasos vs. Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

Is Belvedere better than both these hotels? I've read some good reviews. Just wondering. Thanks.

New York City
reviews: 6
12. Re: Petasos vs. Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

It's in Town and very trendy and cool. You stay there more for the convenience of being in town and the crowd than for the hotel facilitles. I hear some of the rooms provide little noise protection, which can be quite irritating in peak season. Fortunately when I stayed, we had a room on the lower floor that was not close to the roadside. The room itself was nothing too special, but nice and minimalist.

Cold location
13. Re: Petasos vs. Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

Ok. Thanks for the quick response. I'll probably say with the Petasos. Sounds like that may have the best mix of all features.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
14. Re: Petasos vs. Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

Miles, I'm at the Petasos right now (unfortunately, our week on Mykonos ends soon and we have to check out in several hours) so I can offer a fresh comparison between it and the Imperial (where we stayed last year).

We would choose Petasos hands-down over the Imperial, primarily for the convenience of location but also because it's an equally beautiful property with great staff. I think the Petasos staff, especially the front desk clerks, are the friendliest and most helpful we have yet to encounter at a hotel in Greece. Both the Imperial and Petasos are nice resorts, but Petasos easily has the edge over Imperial for accessibility and service.

Just to give you an example: If we had gone to Imperial for the past week, we would have had to rely on either taxis or the infrequent hotel shuttle to get into town. There is no local bus service to Elia Beach yet, and that probably won't start until the end of the month.

Here at the Petasos we are within walking distance of at least eight different restaurants and several convenience stores; the local bus ride to/from town takes less than 15 minutes and costs only 1.10 Euros each way; a taxi ride to Town costs only 5.50 Euros; the shuttle boats to Paraga, Paradise, Super Paradise, Agrari and Elia Beach are now running from a dock right below the Petasos (for fees of 4 to 6 Euros round trip, depending on the beach); and what's reputedly the best restaurant on the island (Nammos) is only a short walk away, over at nearby Psarou Beach.

Although we enjoyed our stay at the Imperial last year, we have preferred the Petasos this year ... and that's even though we got stuck with a "concept" room that has a bathtub less than three feet from the bed and one of the most uncomfortable, tiny and annoying showers we've ever had the misfortune of experiencing. Apart from the bad bathroom setup in our room, we have thoroughly enjoyed the Petasos Beach. We're sorry our week on Mykonos is already drawing to a close ... wish we could stay here a few more days.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
reviews: 24
15. Re: Petasos vs. Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

Just wanted to add that we have spoken to a LOT of other guests here at the Petasos, and have not heard a single negative comment from anyone. Everyone has been extremely pleased with the hotel and I've heard most say they would return to Petasos Beach if they come to Mykonos in future. People are very happy with their rooms .... sounds like we are the only people who had a problem, but heck it was just a cramped irritating shower stall and everything else was good.

Have also spoken to many, many people about their experiences on the island and everyone has thoroughly enjoyed Mykonos ... a great time is being had by all.

Cold location
16. Re: Petasos vs. Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

Thanks donnyb. Great to get the scoop from your stay. Any thoughts on the differences btwn the Superior and the Deluxe and which one you would recommend? Thanks again

17. Re: Petasos vs. Myconian Imperial Hotel & Thalasso Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, August 12, 2009