We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mykonos in October?

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sethpok
Mykonos in October?

My wife and I are planning a trip to Greece and would like to visit Mykonos for a few days. Does the island shut down in October? Is the weather still pleasant? We are debating between Septmeber and October, cost wise October seems less expensive but will we lose out on weather and things to do? We are looking at the 3rd week of the month. Would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions. Santorini is also an option, we are not sure if we want to do 3 days on each island or 5 days on one. Would love some feedback.

Mykonos Town, Greece
reviews: 13
1. Re: Mykonos in October?

I personally would not recommend the 3rd week of October. The island will not be totally closed by then but many places will be closed already and it will be very quiet everywhere. Also you dont have a guarantee on the weather anymore. You can be lucky and have 30 degrees and sunshine every day but it could also be chilly and maybe a but rainy by then.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Mykonos in October?

I was also planning on visiting Mykonos Oct 9 - 11, then to Santorini after. However, I'm having a difficult time finding ferries from Mykonos to Santorini during this second week of October. Do you know why? Is this low season for the greek island? Will Santorini be OK during 2nd week of Oct? i might have to pass on Mykonos and go straight from Athens to Santorini if this is the case.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
3. Re: Mykonos in October?

Mykonos - Santorini ferries are summer only, and stop around the beginning of October. Until about the third week of October you can still get from Mykonos to Santorini via Paros: SeaJet 2 from Mykonos to Paros, connecting with Blue Star from Paros to Santorini. :o)

mykonos
4. Re: Mykonos in October?

i personally think October is a great time to visit and hope the Mykonos Municipality start promoting it more as the seasons have shifted and the beginning of May this year was very chilly. Yes , many things will be closed for the season...but many also stay open until the end of October. Harbour front cafes and a few places dotted around the island, stay open all year round. The weather the last few years in october has been very pleasant and many locals then have the time to enjoy. i think you will find it a more "local' experience and may even enjoy some beach time. I like off seasons in many places around the world - avoid the crowds.

London, United...
reviews: 5
5. Re: Mykonos in October?

Usually most hotels, bars and restaurants close down during the last week in September.

There are a few which stay open but the island will be very quiet and it will be starting to get chilly especially in the evening.

Depends what you're going for of course.

Enjoy anyway, it's a lovely island!

Glasgow, United...
6. Re: Mykonos in October?

We been twice during the first week of October and wouldn't hesitate to go back at that time.

The weather was great (warm and sunny), the town quiet, the sea temperature made it very comfortable to swim in and we didn't notice any bars or restaurants closed. A few of the latter were operating a restricted menu though and most dining was inside.

The town was empty at night although busy daytime. It was colder in the evenings and a jacket was needed.

The first time we went in October the last few days had a number of ferry cancellations due to winds. On our second visit they were all operating normally.

Jon

Mykonos Town, Greece
7. Re: Mykonos in October?

Beginning of October is nice but at the end of October its a total different story. Also the season seems to be getting quiet a bit earlier every year.

athens
reviews: 3
8. Re: Mykonos in October?

late september max, if u want to see some people out at night

weather wise: it might be 30 degrees and sunny and it might be rainin.

if u like to chill, then sept or october should eb perfect (september even better)

do 3 days mykonos 3 santorini (oia)

New Delhi, India
reviews: 89
9. Re: Mykonos in October?

We're planning a trip first week of Oct..so that seems to be fine..we also plan to take a ferry to Santorini. Would it be difficult..and what is the frequency. Thanks.

Mykonos Town, Greece
10. Re: Mykonos in October?

Althought the schedules are not out for that time the ferries still should run daily. If not you should be able to connect.