We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8AM -10PM in Mykonos - What to do and how to get around?

Which Mykonos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern CA
reviews: 5
8AM -10PM in Mykonos - What to do and how to get around?

We are arriving in Mykonos Sunday July 17th on the Windstar cruise. What to see and do for the day? Can we, should we, rent a car? Where and how? or is there a private driver? tour for 2?

We are a couple, mid-60's. Active & fun, but no teenage nitelife nor tourist traps for us, please. THANKS.

Jaipur
Destination Expert
for Jaipur
reviews: 195
1. Re: 8AM -10PM in Mykonos - What to do and how to get around?

Hi DMB,

I replied to your your question on another post. Incase you missed that here are my recommendations again:

8:00 am to 10:00- Do it on your own. No need to rent a car. Start at Chora/ Hora that is main town. See the Manto Mavrogenous square (Plateia Mavrogenous) lined with a lot of taverns and then the Yacht club area- it has some exceptional views of the port. Then you may proceed to the unique church - Panagia Paraportiani- this is a gorgeous white church that you must have seen in many postcards and books . Stroll around the narrow alleys of Mykonos, see the Archaeological Museum, Folk Museum and Lena’s House.

Take a bus/ taxi from town to Platys Gialos Beach - just 10 minutes drive from Mykonos Town or Psarou Beach also approx 10 minutes from the Chora.

Spend some time soaking the sun and enjoy drinks and lunch at a beach cafe/ taverna.

By 6:00p.m. get to The Little Venice Area and reserve a table or a spot to watch the sunset. For the sunset no place is more breath-taking than the Little Venice area and watch the magnificent Windmills and the gorgeous colorful venetian house a glow with sunlight!

Post sunset you can explore the narrow alleys of Mykonos and can have dinner at the Famous Nikos taverna at the town centre- not expensive and really good food and if you are lucky you will see petros the Pelican right in the middle of your dinner strolling around the Nikos tavern Or KASTRO- another really nice and not very expensive taverna at the Town. Post dinner head back. Hope this helps!

London, United...
reviews: 33
2. Re: 8AM -10PM in Mykonos - What to do and how to get around?

Ciao DMB

I think that they already suggested you the best way to enjoy your day in Mykonos !

I strongly recommend to go to Lille Venice for the sunset

I wrote a post in my blog about my last trip to Mykonos

ciao !

http://www.sunnygreece.it/2010/mykonos/

Southern CA
reviews: 5
3. Re: 8AM -10PM in Mykonos - What to do and how to get around?

Yes, that helps alot. And I saw both relies. Mucho appreciation. THANKS

4. Re: 8AM -10PM in Mykonos - What to do and how to get around?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, October 02, 2012